Serious price drop for my sale date 9/2 on the Sky

tawaik

Received a price drop alert in my email yesterday that the Balcony price dropped from $399 to $279!!

I immediately sent an email to my TA in the hopes that I can get something out of this deal. In the mean time, did anyone ever have this experience and how did it pan out for you?

TIA

You may be be able to upgrade for free to a better balcony category. How about mini suites and full suites? If those prices have dropped as well, you might be able to upgrade for just a little more $. I'd look at the NCL website and see what's available and the current prices.

On our Sun cruise we were able to upgrade to a suite for less than $200 total.

When prices dropped again, we got a little more OBC. Sometimes they will offer OBC if no upgrades available, but no guarantees this will happen. And not for the full amount of the price drop.

Did you switch ship's? Your cruise countdown says you are sailing the Aida on 9-02-13.

Received a price drop alert in my email yesterday that the Balcony price dropped from $399 to $279!!

I immediately sent an email to my TA in the hopes that I can get something out of this deal. In the mean time, did anyone ever have this experience and how did it pan out for you?

TIA

Who sent the email? TA? NCL?

As to "did it happen to anyone else" part. Yes, it happens often when they run a last minute sale to sell the last few remaining rooms. Often for NEW bookings only to fill those cabins.

I understand the Price dropped....it happens very often for Sky sailings....however, just think of the potential increased costs new bookings have to pay for airfare if they are flying in to the Miami area. Your cruise is very soon- they need to fill the ship!

Yes, this happened to us just a few months ago. I called NCL and they said they typically offer people an upgrade if their stateroom price drops, but we were on a pretty full cruise sailing in a suite so there were no upgrades to give us. They gave us $250 OBC instead.

TIA

I am on the sky at the same time and my sister was upgraded from an inside to an OV for no additional charge and I upgraded from an inside to a balcony for only $144:)

You may be be able to upgrade for free to a better balcony category. How about mini suites and full suites? If those prices have dropped as well, you might be able to upgrade for just a little more $. I'd look at the NCL website and see what's available and the current prices.

I sent travel agent an email and NCL was able to upgrade us from category BC to B3.

On our Sun cruise we were able to upgrade to a suite for less than $200 total.

When prices dropped again, we got a little more OBC. Sometimes they will offer OBC if no upgrades available, but no guarantees this will happen. And not for the full amount of the price drop.

I wish I was offered OBC even it was just for $150. The total difference is $240 less.

Did you switch ship's? Your cruise countdown says you are sailing the Aida on 9-02-13.

Did not switch ships still on the Sky.

I am on the sky at the same time and my sister was upgraded from an inside to an OV for no additional charge and I upgraded from an inside to a balcony for only $144:)

Really nice for you! I'm looking forward to this trip and just want to relax as much as I can:)

I understand the Price dropped....it happens very often for Sky sailings....however, just think of the potential increased costs new bookings have to pay for airfare if they are flying in to the Miami area. Your cruise is very soon- they need to fill the ship!

Very good point and one I must remember. The airfare is going to be way up there.

Archived