Souvenirs From Friends And Thrift Stores

norboy76

I have a very big collection of memorabilia I've gotten from friends, my cruises and thrift stores. Anyone else ever thought to check second hand shops?.

I have photos of items I've picked up from thrift stores and paid anywhere from 95 cents to 11 dollars. below are some photos and what I paid for the item.

american_export_lines_dish_by_wildelf34-d8sxhpm.jpg - Paid $0.95 cents at *Goodwill*.

soviet_era_ship_pins_by_wildelf34-d8srnvf.jpg - Paid $10 on ebay for entire collection.

s_s__normandie_souvenir___first_class_by_wildelf34-d8soe2a.jpg - Paid $2.99 (yes I had that item authenticated and it's from the Normandie) *Value village*

m_s__europa_pin_dish_by_wildelf34-d8srgkn.jpg - Paid $1.49 *Goodwill*

cruise_ship_and_ocean_liner_spoons_by_wildelf34-d8socv7.jpg - Paid from 10 cents upto $5 a spoon ( I have 74 spoons in my ship spoon collection )

Those are just some items I've found.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Wow!!!

I had just found a carnival cruise Tshirt at Goodwill. It was faded and worn AND a size 3x. (Im a medium)

But I thought it would make a cute sleepshirt for our cruise in April.

Then......I started thinking its cheezy to buy used.

Im going back to snag it, thanks to you!!!

Im glad you showed me the way....hopefully I can keep my eyes peeled for treasureslike yours!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Saw a ship model of a RCI ship. Quite large at a foot or so. Ceramic or something behind the display case so I didn't touch it. CAD 25 though.....

Saw a HAL Rotterdam mug. Quite small, dark blue with gold logo. Must have been old too as it was US-made. Just CAD 0.49

• 10 months later...

I saw some soup cups at St. Vincent de Paul this morning that said "ship" to me.....or not. "P" on both sides, set in a compass rose. Does this ring a bell with any of you? They were vintage Shenango China.

I have a metal water bottle from a previous NCL cruise that is coming with me to Cuba on 5/29th. I buy magnets EVERYWHERE I go. Didn't get one from Barcelona, Spain .... forgot to and am kicking myself. Mostly my souvenirs are post cards that I keep as photos. They're large and are the best pics anyone can get from angles a typical person can't get. Great aerial shots.

Yes, I have had a late friend who worked as a volunteer at her Church's thrift shop who knew of my interest in memorabilia. She found several small items in what was donated. The largest was a metal tin that probably held candy with a picture of R.M.S. Queen Mary on its top.

• 8 months later...

I had said I was going to start buying souvenirs in thrift stores, where we were at.

But it seems people bring souvenirs home from other places, and donate those, but not so many from the same place where we are.

For example, I didn't find Savannah souvenirs in Savannah thrift stores.

Lots of other souvenirs, though.

Me and my son (jokingly) decided when we want to plan our next trip, we'll go to a local thrift store and find a souvenir and go to that place. We'll already have our souvenir pre-bought :D

• 1 month later...