Cruise is 2 weeks away! Packing questions...

Captain Scruffy

1. We are going on a 5 night Merrytime Cruise and was wondering if they will have a formal night in the dining room?

2. What toiletries should we bring, if any?

3. Is the laundry coin or card operated?

1. Five night cruises have a "Dress Up Optional" night. Not an actual "Formal" night.

2. In the room you'll have bath soap (bar), face soap (bar), lotion, shampoo, conditioner.

n1t46h.jpg

3. You use your KTTW card for the washers & dryers. It's charged to your onboard account.

Thank you for the help.

Is there anyway of knowing when "dress up" night Is? What Is typical attire?

Usually it's the first sea day.

As to "typical" attire - you'll find everything from full on formal to shorts & t-shirts. As noted, it's "Optional".

The only form of "dress code" in the main dining rooms is "no swimwear or tank tops".

Sorry, I should have asked when asking about toiletries, but does DCL provide toothbrushes, toothpaste, mouth wash, floss etc...?

Is there a blow dryer and clothing iron in the room?

No toothbrushes, toothpaste, mouthwash, floss. Bring your own

There is a blow dryer (use the plug on the desk, not the one in the bathroom).

No irons in the rooms. There are 3 self-serve laundry rooms on the Magic that have ironing boards & irons.

LAUNDRY ROOMS (MAGIC/WONDER)

The laundryrooms are on decks:

2 - port side between midship and aft elevators opposite stateroom 2096

6 - starboard side between midship and aft elevators, opposite stateroom6588

7 - starboard side between midship and aft elevators opposite stateroom7590

Don't waste your time ironing. The day you get on go ahead and send your clothes that need to be ironed to the on board cleaners. Pressing is half the cost of dry cleaning. There literally is one iron on each deck and it's not great. I got stuck behind someone who was pressing an entire cabin full of clothes for 30 minutes. You are spending thousands on a cruise, spend a few bucks and get your clothes pressed by DCL.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

i can't help myself....i just have to go off topic...

but who has clothes that need ironing on a cruise?

we don't even own anything that needs ironing... :o

maybe it's because we live in a tropical climate?

At home we typically steam our clothes, but that probably won't be an option in our room ;p

Dress shorts, slacks, khakis, button up/dress shirts, ties...just off the top of my head and that's just for me. I'm sure my wife has blouses and maybe shirts that she would like to be wrinkle free.

Except for deep-set wrinkles, a small pray bottle with plain water spritzed onto the wrinkles work. Just smooth out and pull out (not enough to stretch fabric) wrinkles, let dry. I do this just about every single morning to my clothes before going to work.

You can get an empty spray bottle from Walmart in the trial/travel size area.

Except for deep-set wrinkles, a small pray bottle with plain water spritzed onto the wrinkles work. Just smooth out and pull out (not enough to stretch fabric) wrinkles, let dry. I do this just about every single morning to my clothes before going to work.

You can get an empty spray bottle from Walmart in the trial/travel size area.

I've tried, but I like really crisp collars and and no wrinkles. The water bottle doesn't do it for me. I appreciate the suggestion though.

At home we typically steam our clothes, but that probably won't be an option in our room ;p

Dress shorts, slacks, khakis, button up/dress shirts, ties...just off the top of my head and that's just for me. I'm sure my wife has blouses and maybe shirts that she would like to be wrinkle free.

hubby doesn't even own a tie anymore...

gave them up when we left the USA 35 years ago....and doesn't miss them even a wee bit.. :cool:

We do mostly non-wrinkle clothes on a cruise. If a single item or small area needs a touch up, I've never had an issue with the irons in the laundry rooms. The ironing boards are not always in the best shape, so I take a hand towel to cover it if needed. The irons have always been clean and well maintained. However, any time I'm using an iron outside my home, I do test the cleanliness and heat setting before applying it to a garment. I've never had to wait for an iron.

But I can't argue with the theory that you are on vacation and sending it to be pressed.

• 2 months later...
At home we typically steam our clothes, but that probably won't be an option in our room clear.png?emoji-winktongue-1704
Hubby travels a great deal for work. When he takes his shower, he just hangs the clothes he wants steams in the bathroom and takes a really hot shower for about 5 minutes. When he comes out, he just runs his hands on the clothes and voila! nice and steamed. Now that's what I do too and it works like a charm!

Don't waste your time ironing. The day you get on go ahead and send your clothes that need to be ironed to the on board cleaners. Pressing is half the cost of dry cleaning. There literally is one iron on each deck and it's not great. I got stuck behind someone who was pressing an entire cabin full of clothes for 30 minutes. You are spending thousands on a cruise, spend a few bucks and get your clothes pressed by DCL.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

We will be on the Magic (first trip on refurb) Mar 9, 2018. Bringing dress/costume for gr daughter. Last year spent lots of time pressing, folding, packing. Having it pressed on board would be easier. Do you know how fast the process is? The first day seems pretty busy for staff with all new guests and I wonder if I can turn it in, if it will be done for the second day? Called Disney and they don't know.

A "press only" is supposed to be a 24 hour turn around. However, part of that is a matter of how fast your stateroom host gets it turned in. As you noted, the first day is rather crazy for them. You can't get into the room till 1:30 and won't have luggage then...so the dress won't be taken from your cabin until the evening turn down service. It will come back sometime the next day, but it may well be evening.