Argentine Reciprocity Fee for Canadians

Barry H

Good news for Canadians going to Argentina in 2018.

As of January 1, 2018 the Reciprocity Fee for Canadians visiting Argentina is suspended.

The announcement is on a government web site and someone translated it to English.

This will be a considerable savings for us heading down for our South American Cruise in February (enough to pay for a shore excursion).

Copied this from the person who originally found the details.

Hi All fellow Canadians,

It took a bit of digging to find it + Google translation to translate from the Spanish. Below is the link to the Official Gazette of the Argentine Republic, published yesterday. It is under Section entitled DISPOSICIONES. The Disposition is a full one page document giving the history of the Reciprocity Fee and the references to the cancellation for US citizens in 2016 and the suspension for Australian citizens in August 2017. I have copied the English translation of the bottom line which comes at the end of the disposition as Articles 1 and 2

https://www.boletinoficial.gob.ar

DIRECCIÓN NACIONAL DE MIGRACIONES

SUBDIRECCIÓN NACIONAL DE MIGRACIONES

Disposición 6437-E/2017

Ciudad de Buenos Aires, 23/11/2017

THE NATIONAL DEPUTY DIRECTOR OF MIGRATION

HAS

ARTICLE 1.- Suspended as of January 1, 2018 the enforceability of the collection of the fee provided in Decree No. 1654/08 and the application of DNM Provision No. 2761/09, regarding native citizens of CANADA.

ARTICLE 2. - Communicate, publish, give to the NATIONALDIRECTORATE OF THE OFFICIAL RECORD and file. - Julian Marcelo Curi.

and. 11/24/2017 N ° 91126/17 v. 11/24/2017

Bottom line - as of 1 January Canadians are no longer require to pay the Reciprocity fee

cheers

colin

Excellent news! Thanks for the heads up - I almost went online and paid it today because we are travelling in Feb/March 2018 I just got another reminder from Oceania!

I couldn't find the cited Disposition on the website https://www.boletinoficial.gob.ar, but I checked the website for the Argentinian Consulate in Toronto and they confirm the same thing here:

http://ctoro.mrecic.gob.ar/en/content/reciprocity-fee-6

Based on current pricing, I think that might enable us to buy one Martini each on onboard to celebrate....