Crib on Carnival for child > 2 years old? They told me no

kj_connections

Quite possibly. I know locally to me home daycares are not allowed to have children in playpens over the age of 2 as they are not designed for older children and therefore are not deemed safe under insurance rules. So if the ship is thinking along those lines, they may not be covered through insurance should something happen to a child while sleeping in a provided playpen on the ship.

The term "crib' is for a playpen on the ships.

I would call the cruise ship myself to ask their policy, more than once even as answers often change with the person. If they continue to say no for over age 2 then you'll need to bring your own.

The cribs are travel size, not full size. So depending on the size of your child, he/she might be cramped. And I don't believe you can call the cruise ship directly. But you could call Carnival and ask generic questions, even though you used a TA. EM

It's probably a pack and play and not a full size crib so it'd be smaller than what you probably use at home. DH and I had our 2 year old son sleep between us on our cruise and our 10 month old had the pack and play to sleep in.

We were told this was the policy on our HAL cruise when our son was 2.5. I had requested the crib twice, and was following up on our request original request. We were glad to see when we arrived that there was a crib in the room. It is a pack n play, and it is possible that the manufacturer's instructions only allow them to be used up to the age of two for liability reasons (I have no idea if this is true but it is my best guess as to why they don't want bigger kids in them). Or else maybe they're worried the weight of a three year old might damage it?

Your child might sleep on couch pillows laid down on the floor. Or there are portable nap mats you can purchase. Or people have turned couches around facing the wall and put small toddlers there. But I would definitely be prepared for the possibility that there will be no pack n play provided.