how do they do muster drills?

SeaBands

You will be in the dining room. You will be called on the loudspeakers when to go; you do not take your life jacket, and sit and listen to what is said after you have gone to your designated area and signed in with the member of staff in charge of your area.

On the Encore, there were different muster places depending on where your room was located. Our place to gather was the Grand Salon. Others mustered in other places. We were told where our respective places were.

Seabourne's drill is very relaxed and sociable - just like it would be in a real emergency...

I would half-expect that Seabourn has emergency canapés at the ready and that the reason for having The Restaurant as an assembly station is so they can send each guest into the lifeboat with their own bottle of wine. 😂

I would half-expect that Seabourn has emergency canapés at the ready and that the reason for having The Restaurant as an assembly station is so they can send each guest into the lifeboat with their own bottle of wine. 😂

And surely, corkscrews are part of the emergency equipment in the lifeboats.

Has anyone ever actually counted up the lifeboats vs. passengers? I asked if the Tenders are also lifeboats and, of course, the answer was yes. I asked how many passengers could be put on one of them--and the answer surprised me---THREE HUNDRED...

Has anyone ever actually counted up the lifeboats vs. passengers? I asked if the Tenders are also lifeboats and, of course, the answer was yes. I asked how many passengers could be put on one of them--and the answer surprised me---THREE HUNDRED...

I seem to remember that they have a stated capacity of 180 - which is already a lot - but you could probably pack a few more in if needed.

Roxburgh, I asked the question specifically and was told 300. I was very surprised. I am not sure how many tenders there are on a ship like the Encore. At least two. I know that. Possibly more. And, are there other lifeboats?

Roxburgh, I asked the question specifically and was told 300. I was very surprised. I am not sure how many tenders there are on a ship like the Encore. At least two. I know that. Possibly more. And, are there other lifeboats?

I have never been on Encore so my comment is related to the O Class ships where, if memory serves me well, the capacity is stenciled on the inside of the Lifeboat/tender.

Perhaps when Seabourn establishes the next loyalty level beyond Diamond Elite the perk will be your own private lifeboat - fully stocked.

We both know some people who have a tender/life boat named after them. :cool:

As for me, I just want the best driver who is knowledgeable of the area with a working radio, and a bottle of Chopin wouldn't hurt to help survive...

According to the official "blurb" about Encore, there are 4 lifeboats which carry 150 persons each (120 when used as Tenders) and also 8 life rafts for 35 persons each. Sadly it doesn't mention canapés or champagne. :D

I very much doubt that 120 guests are boarded on the lifeboat when it is used a Tender as that would be a very tight squeeze. Unless, of course it is, the last tender of the day ...........................

I think SLSD may have been talking to the wrong person|!!

Oceania's muster is also inside and civilised.

Quite possibly I was given bad information---and was shocked at the time I was given that answer. I wonder if the 300 number is in an absolute worst case scenario. I remember saying I can't believe that many could fit on this boat.

2sailingnomads,

Definitely are a couple of longtime SB passengers we both know who would deserve such an honor. And just to show where my head is I had to go look up Chopin as when I hear that I think of music not vodka.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

CORRECTION!!! There are 4 lifeboats with capacity of 150 persons and two more lifeboats with a capacity of 120 persons. plus 8 life rafts for 35 persons each. = just over 1100 persons. I think everyone will be saved. :D

Yes, compared to other lines where guests are required to stand outside, often in baking sun and wearing lifejackets, Seabourne's drill is very relaxed and sociable - just like it would be in a real emergency...

LOL, but it really is not funny. A true emergency preparedness operation would have us practicing putting on the vests and following commands to proceed to the lifeboats.

I’m not sure what took place at your lifeboat drills but at all of ours they have always shown how to properly don a life vest and explained the procedures for where to proceed to a life boat and how . As Seabourn has so few passengers it is hard to get lost so I can’t believe any reasonably competent person could not find their way to their lifeboat after a few hours on the ship. And furthermore they have crew in all of the hallways and stairwells directing passengers during both the drill and the same would be true in a real emergency. And if you still don’t understand how to put on and fasten your life jacket they explicitly suggest you ask a crew member who will more than happy to instruct you. In the old days they did do muster on the deck complete with life jackets but felt it was dangerous as people often dragged their straps and created a potential tripping hazard. Count me in for feeling safe and informed with this current procedure.

Sent from my iPad using Forums