Seabourn General questions

SoBaycruiser

We are new to Seabourn and are considering an Inside Passage Cruise. Before committing we have some questions:

1) What is the general dress code for dinner and do they have a formal night? While we like luxury, we aren’t particularly into formal dress.

2) Alaskan cruises on other lines tend to be a bit more casual. Is this true on Seabourn?

3) There is no sale price on the cruise that fits our schedule. If we book now and they lower the price before final payment, can we get the price reduced?

4) I saw someone say someplace that Seabourn provides Jackets. Is this true and how warm are they?

For anyone who has done their inside passage trip:

(5) we’ve visited many of lower Alaskan ports so we are more interested in seeing the scenery of the inside passage. Do they travel through much of this in daylight? I’m hoping with the long days of June, even though we might be in port for the day, there will be time to enjoy the narrow straits.

Anything else we should know?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

1. There will be a formal night onboard. Not everyone wears tuxes and gowns but dress is elegant. The Seabourn dress code thread (pinned) has much discussion of this.

2. You will see outdoor attire in the day time but the evening dress code is not relaxed for the locale. On this summer's Alaska cruise we talked with a couple of folks who sadly couldn't dine in The Restaurant the entire cruise because they brought nothing fancier than jeans. They were turned away, no exceptions.

3. Typically yes. Use a travel agent and let them go to bat for you. We've always either gotten a rebooking or a nice upgrade and/or onboard credit when this happens.

4. I thought it was warm enough for general sightseeing. If you plan on heavy outdoor activity, you may want another under layer.

5. We cruised the Inside Passage during the day and did so at a leisurely pace which included a lot of meandering and turning so everyone could get nice views.

1. There will be a formal night onboard. Not everyone wears tuxes and gowns but dress is elegant. The Seabourn dress code thread (pinned) has much discussion of this.

2. You will see outdoor attire in the day time but the evening dress code is not relaxed for the locale. On this summer's Alaska cruise we talked with a couple of folks who sadly couldn't dine in The Restaurant the entire cruise because they brought nothing fancier than jeans. They were turned away, no exceptions.

3. Typically yes. Use a travel agent and let them go to bat for you. We've always either gotten a rebooking or a nice upgrade and/or onboard credit when this happens.

4. I thought it was warm enough for general sightseeing. If you plan on heavy outdoor activity, you may want another under layer.

5. We cruised the Inside Passage during the day and did so at a leisurely pace which included a lot of meandering and turning so everyone could get nice views.

Thank you! All good information! We have no problem with country club casual, just want to keep the tux and sparkle at home.

Sent from my iPad using Forums