I almost P**ped my pants....

misha1

It's usually around $300-$350 for a daily Hertz rental to drive between Anc and Seward .

If you need a car for a week, it's usually cheaper to pick up a RT rental car in Anchorage for a week, then get a one day Hertz car for the drive to Seward.

Prices vary wildly from week to week. Even after you have a reservation its a good idea to check all the sites regularly for a better deal, up until the day before you leave.

p.s. The best car deals are usually offered during the previous summer. ie if you reserved in Aug 2017 for July 2018 you could get a week for about $225.

You could buy a car for less than that! Is there a different company to try?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hertz is the only vendor in Seward.

Other options to get to seward include Alaska Railroad, Park Connection Bus, Seward Buslines, cruiseline transfer, independent transfers, and taxi/car service.

RT=Round trip. Rent a car in Anchorage to be returned in Anchorage. Then pick up a one-way rental from Hertz to be dropped in Seward.
Oh...Duh. we did think of this as well but seems a little messy. I guess I have to decide if we want the freedom of a car rental or the lesser flexibility of other transport means

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

1 week car rental with Hertz..Anchorage pick up,

Seward drop off...over 3000 dollars! WHAAAAAAAT? No pun to nyended but, that is highway robbery!

This is what I found

Pay at Pick-Up$125.69

7 days @ $8.49/day $59.

7 days @ $8.49/day

It's not messy unless u forgot your Depends.

Edited by $hip$hape

It's not messy unless you were planning to pick up the car in Anchorage then spend the week in Homer with no plans to pass thru Anchorage again. But if you are heading up to Matanuska or Denali then stopping thru Anchorage on your way to Seward, it's a pretty simple transaction.

The 'messiest' transaction I ever saw was when the family disembarked in Seward, and 1 person took the bus to Anchorage, got a rental car then drove back to Seward to meet their party. But it saved a lot of money so they thought it was worth the time and effort.

It's not messy unless you were planning to pick up the car in Anchorage then spend the week in Homer with no plans to pass thru Anchorage again. But if you are heading up to Matanuska or Denali then stopping thru Anchorage on your way to Seward, it's a pretty simple transaction.

The 'messiest' transaction I ever saw was when the family disembarked in Seward, and 1 person took the bus to Anchorage, got a rental car then drove back to Seward to meet their party. But it saved a lot of money so they thought it was worth the time and effort.

Yeah...don't like the sound of that.

This is what I found

Pay at Pick-Up$125.69

7 days @ $8.49/day $59.

7 days @ $8.49/day

We can sometimes find rates around $10/day during the winter but I've never heard of a rate like that in an Alaska cruise port during the summer. Where did you find this?

$500 for one-way? As long as there's no cancel fee. grab that rate now while it's available. But keep checking over the next several months and hopefully you'll find something even cheaper.
I would grab 'cept My cruise is in Sept. of 2019 and I was just doing some price shopping. I will sure watch month to month for when 2019 opens. I think it is really odd that there are 2 significantly different prices on the web, dependent on where you pick up the car.

Rates are less when you rent from a non- airport location. Less taxes. I did read that in some places, they levy the tax on returns. So if you do a one way, try and return it somewhere else.
A 2500 dollar tax? There has simply got to be a computer glitch of some sort here.