Boarding late on embarkation day (overnight in port)

Kate-AHF

There is a lot we want to see on the day we are to embark on the Muse in Dublin next May. How late can we walk on? I figured that as long as she was docked, and the gangway down, we could get there at any time. My husband is concerned that at some point they take away the embarkation equipment, i.e. the camera to create the passenger seapass (or whatever Silversea calls it).

Thoughts?

There is a lot we want to see on the day we are to embark on the Muse in Dublin next May. How late can we walk on? I figured that as long as she was docked, and the gangway down, we could get there at any time. My husband is concerned that at some point they take away the embarkation equipment, i.e. the camera to create the passenger seapass (or whatever Silversea calls it).

Thoughts?

Don't worry, 30 minutes before departure would be the latest I would push it. If you drop your luggage off early it will be waiting in front of your door when you finely make it on board.

The Muse will not be departing until the next day. And I agree there is much to see in Dublin/ Ireland so we are arriving 9 days earlier. I just now found the Beatty library and want to fit that in too. I will have the TA tell them we will will board sometime between 5 and 7 and see if that causes an issue with the lifeboat drill... because I didn't think of that. Thanks all!

Anyone who boards late just does a make up drill as soon as they can fit it in so I wouldn't worry about that.

However, there won't be any services open if you board while a drill is actually happening, altho' they obviously don't leave the gangplank unstaffed, so it might be better to try and avoid that time (it's often 5pm) but at worst I suppose you would just have to wait until the drill is over before the reception staff can check you in - reception on the Muse is in La Dolce Vita which is a muster point.