Identity of Cruise Director, Concierge, etc.

Rosetta

Over the past several years I've cruised on NCL an average of once ot twice a year -- not a lot, but often enough to become acquainted with (usually) the Hotel Director, Cruise Director, Concierge, and occasionally the F & B Director on the various ships/cruises. With only a few exceptions, I've enjoyed getting to know these folks and have looked forward to crossing paths again on future NCL cruises.

Thinking it would be nice to know which C.D., H.D., or Concierge is going to be on an upcoming cruise, I've asked NCL's reservations office if they know who will be on a specific cruise -- and always inquire only a week or so before sailing because these positions change personnel frequently, as individuals go on vacation, etc. However, no one I've spoken to has been able to identify the names of any senior staff *currently* assigned to a given ship, irrespective of how much longer they will be working on that ship. I am about to give it up as a lost cause. Is there any way to access such information that I've overlooked?

Thanks!

If you post which ship and when, I'll call for you......you know what happens when info gets out on the boards

I wasn't the OP for this post but will jump in with my own inquiry -- I'm wondering who is currently serving as Concierge on the Dawn.

Many thanks, Flying Pirate (and also to Rosetta for raising the question).

I wasn't the OP for this post but will jump in with my own inquiry -- I'm wondering who is currently serving as Concierge on the Dawn.

Many thanks, Flying Pirate (and also to Rosetta for raising the question).

Claudio was on the DAWN for our 7/1/06 cruise, the best Concierge we've ever had.:D

we had Claudio on the dawn also, I have nothing else to compare to, but he left a lot of room for improvement, he did nothing at all for us until the last day of the cruise, then we got 2 phone calls, 1 checking on us and the other if we got our vip tags for debarkation. It was like having none at all

Robert -

Did you just sit there waitiing for him to DO things for you, unbidden, or did you actually request services and were ignored?

Since you returned from your cruise, you've posted that Claudio was awful, awful, awful, but he's one of the best.....

I can't see him leaving you out, but he can't DO things for you if you don't specifically ASK him to do them.

Robert -

Did you just sit there waitiing for him to DO things for you, unbidden, or did you actually request services and were ignored?

Since you returned from your cruise, you've posted that Claudio was awful, awful, awful, but he's one of the best.....

I can't see him leaving you out, but he can't DO things for you if you don't specifically ASK him to do them.

AH OH:eek: :rolleyes:

Robert -

yes we did ask him and the butler to do several things. If he is one of the best, I dont want to see the ones that are below him. Do you want see the copy of my request for times and dates for dinner? That he never picked up, I still have it. There are other matters but I dont want to beat a dead horse into the ground

Just to let you know we just received a reply back from ncl in today mail. Yes they did acknowledge my letter and concerns. The rest is private but I can tell you that the issues was address and we did get rewarded for the butler and conceirge lack of service and other issues. In my eyes the butler and concierge is over rated, we could have done without him for sure

Now the Cruise Director on the Dawn Matt Baker is outstanding, he always on the go, full of engery, can be seen on stage and off stage during the week, easy to talk too and has crazy ideas. He rates high on my list of cruise directors. He knows how to get into the crowd and make people laugh. If you cruise the dawn or another ship with him you will love him

When I originated this thread, I was thinking most immediately of the Jewel, and would be most grateful for any information on the Jewel's current Concierge, Cruise Director, and Hotel Director.

Thanks!

When I originated this thread, I was thinking most immediately of the Jewel, and would be most grateful for any information on the Jewel's current Concierge, Cruise Director, and Hotel Director.

Thanks!

Alex is the current Concierge joined the ship in late June but will be off the ship in August and on vacation. I imagine Ruth will return then. The real question is who will go to Germany to bring out the Pearl with Klaus as the HD.

Now the Cruise Director on the Dawn Matt Baker is outstanding, he always on the go, full of engery, can be seen on stage and off stage during the week, easy to talk too and has crazy ideas. He rates high on my list of cruise directors. He knows how to get into the crowd and make people laugh. If you cruise the dawn or another ship with him you will love him

Now I have just the opposite opinion of Matt. I didn't like him when I was on the Dawn in June. He seemed too childish in his actions. Like he thought everything he did was funny. I heard more than person complain everytime he did that stupid "wiggy wiggy wah" over the PA. I overheard a person in the buffet say "where are we, Romper Room or an adult cruise" when he did it one time while we were eating. Matt also seemed more aloof to passengers than any other CD I have been around.

Kieron Buffery and Patti Honecki have been my personal favorites. Kieron could make you laugh just by his expressions and he was all over the ship! On the POA, it seemed as if Patti never slept!! The last I heard Patti was on the Wind or Majesty and Kieron had left NCL for Princess.

Kieron's on the Radiance of the Seas. I will certainly miss him on our Star cruise in February. He is wonderful, and it is certainly NCL's loss.

In May, Sharon something (maybe Escott) was the CD on the Sun. We only saw her at the shows. She was definitely not all over the ship.

Kieron was the best to me also!!!! NCL really lost a good one..........But again, the CD does not make the cruise.......but he was all over the ship....talked to everyone,,,,,and made for a fun cruise.........

To us Claudio, the concierge on the Dawn was amazing! We got to know him and he got to know us. We used his services and he went above and beyond the call of duty on a number of occasions in our opinion. He even offered to get our camera from our cabin one night when we were taking freestyle to the extreme (Blue Lagoon in our bathrobes at 11:00 pm at night) I even sent him a thank you note once we returned.

In fact we now rate things in "Claudio's" i.e instead of 3 stars it would be 3 claudio's out of 4.

I think it all depends on how much you put into the people who are there to serve. He loves his job and is amazing at it. He even chatted with us about some of the people he has served for - it was amazing!

To us Claudio, the concierge on the Dawn was amazing!

I have very positive memories of Claudio from the Jewel's maiden voyage a year ago (Aug.'05), and would be delighted to see him again on any future NCL cruise.

On another note -- an excellent concierge on the Wind last fall, Simone Weigel, went on vacation shortly thereafter and didn't know which ship she would be assigned to when returning to work in early 2006.

Claudio was without a doubt one of the highlights of our last cruise.He made our trip so special for us.I have a problem in hearing anything negative about him just not his style .As far as I am concerned He is a true asset to NCL.

glad to see that some quests got outstanding service. We didnt and I'm very glad to see that NCL does reply to constrective criticism from their clients. It was nice to get feedback back and that they do address problems like we had.

Alos it was nice to get feedback back and that they do address problems like we had. Also glad to see that Customer Relations does forward these problem to the appropriate management and a letter is placed on file

Kieron's on the Radiance of the Seas. I will certainly miss him on our Star cruise in February. He is wonderful, and it is certainly NCL's loss.

The Radiance? That means he went to RCCL instead of Princess. If it wasn't for formal nights, I might have to check out the Radiance just to see him.

The Radiance? That means he went to RCCL instead of Princess. If it wasn't for formal nights, I might have to check out the Radiance just to see him.
That's right KeystoneCruiser. I have a friend who cruised with him on the Star. She booked the Radiance (LA/Hawaii round-trip), and then found out that Kieron was moving over to that ship. She is so excited and has told everyone on her roll call what a great CD he is. She has also booked the Radiance for Alaska next summer. As much as I'd like to see Kieron again, I just can't do traditional dining for more than 3-4 nights.

I have very positive memories of Claudio from the Jewel's maiden voyage a year ago (Aug.'05), and would be delighted to see him again on any future NCL cruise.

On another note -- an excellent concierge on the Wind last fall, Simone Weigel, went on vacation shortly thereafter and didn't know which ship she would be assigned to when returning to work in early 2006.

I've heard rumour that Simone may be heading over to the Star.......

Archived