Key west - rum

LuvtheBeach10

I just came back from Key West. I did not go to that distillery but can't say enough good things about Pilar rum. Try it while you are there, it's delicious. Go to Sloppy Joe's and get the Hemmingway and then head to the distillery for a tour and taste. Enjoy!

We toured Key West Legal Rum Distillery about a year ago. It isn't very big, but we found it very interesting. The young man who explained things was very patient and informative. We could taste the rum, which Hubby did. He liked one in particular, but I don't remember which one. Actually I though the place had a lot more character than some very large, industrial distilleries I have visited.

For more definite answers to your questions and the exact address, check out keywestlegalrum.com.

I am not a rum drinker, but I went to Key West Legal Rum to get the (adult) kids a present to take home. They have several different flavors that you can taste and buy, and I do not recall the price as they were all different. They also have special runs that are in one of a kind hand-made bottles that are very unique. It is worth a visit if you like rum.

Keep in mind, Key West Legal Rum is on Simonton St. just off Front St, and 3/4 of a block is Papa Pilar Rum at Greene St. so they are close together that you could visit both.

The Papa's Pilar rum distillery is worth a visit if only because of the gift shop. Fisherman's shirts, journals, totes, stickers, etc. Both logo and non.

Pjk

More great information! Thank you so much and we will definitely check them out!