Hurricanes, Headaches and a Plan B, C, and D & Suggested Activities

traylynn

Hello Bride Sisters

We had to move our wedding from December 2017 to July 2018. With that being said, no big deal, you just scrap plan A and now we are currently on plan B. Before Carnival cancelled we had 40 guest paid and booked. Now our list has grown by 25 almost just because of the new date. I have to purchase new favors etc because the other favors had our original wedding date. We have no control of Mother Nature, just gotta roll with it.

I have sent out new save dates, but not sure if I need new invitations, everything is on our wedding website. Any thoughts?

We are getting married on the beach, but I have learned that our reception venue has now listed as a Carnival Excursion, I know it is a large place, but I truly booked for the privacy. So I am not sure what to expect. I will be flying down to check the location out, that is extremely important to me. My other option is to look at a new island completely.

I made little travel suitcase that I will be mailing once everyone is completely paid (new guest) they will include a letter, cruise luggage tags, what to pack list for a cruise, coffee from the island, lotion from bath and body works, and kate apsen suitcase luggage tags.

I'm not sure if the hotel will distribute welcome bags as guest check in or should I have them distributed on the ship.

I don't want to schedule to many activities, but this will be a first cruise for many. Thinking about just listing some optional events throughout the cruise.

I am struggling with events. Guest will be arriving to San Juan, Puerto Rico. I assume a few folks will be arriving on Thursday no events scheduled.

Friday dinner (on your own) at local restaurant 5pm and dancing at 10pm local bar all optional events. (we will provide transportation)

Saturday- Welcome party at hotel patio 7pm (food and drinks provided)

Sunday- Board ship (I feel like I should plan a sail away something, but not sure)

Monday- Wedding Day

We are getting married on the beach, but I have learned that our reception venue has now listed as a Carnival Excursion, I know it is a large place, but I truly booked for the privacy. So I am not sure what to expect. I will be flying down to check the location out, that is extremely important to me. My other option is to look at a new island completely.

I'm not sure if the hotel will distribute welcome bags as guest check in or should I have them distributed on the ship.

Let the hotel know that you're looking for something private. If you're getting married on the beach, and it's a public one, there's not much you're going to be able to do about other people around. That said, if the hotel is a large one, they might have a more secluded spot at the resort itself that might work for you.

As for deliveries to guest rooms, the hotel should be able to do it, but there's likely a delivery fee involved.