Message for Dauntless and LeRenardrouge

Northumbrialass

Hi, I've posted all the shore excursions that we have been offered on the roll call. I hope this helps with planning your holiday.

Thank you so much! I have copied your posting. Big help--just have to run the costs through currency exchange calcutor.

Wishing you a Happy New Year and cruising adventures in 2018.

Hi, I've posted all the shore excursions that we have been offered on the roll call. I hope this helps with planning your holiday.

Boy does this help. I see some of the included excursions for our cruise are not the same as yours but maybe Viking is adjusting and when we receive ours, the included will have also changed. But it is an idea and seems more varied than I was anticipating. The cost was also a good perk. I too will have to convert to dollars but is gives me an idea in comparison to excursions offered elsewhere. So thankful for your help and keep su posted on things we might need to know---as long as it doesn't get in the way of your cruise.

• 2 months later...

Back again. Following the cruise and it looks like things are going well. I see you we able to dock and not tender in Monaco. Were there shuttles th first day in Barcelona? It seems you docked at the main cruise port in Marseilles and then I assume, shuttled to the pod port area. Is the French Bistro menu going to be available at the chef's table during the cruise? I read when it was introduced that it was going to be available on the last 2 ships but that was a year ago and I know how things are are adjusting as Viking grows. It fits into my cabin mate's restrictions is why I was wondering.. Meet and mingle after Marseilles port visit? Anything else of interest? Let me hear when you have time. Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
Back again. Following the cruise and it looks like things are going well. I see you we able to dock and not tender in Monaco. Were there shuttles th first day in Barcelona? It seems you docked at the main cruise port in Marseilles and then I assume, shuttled to the pod port area. Is the French Bistro menu going to be available at the chef's table during the cruise? I read when it was introduced that it was going to be available on the last 2 ships but that was a year ago and I know how things are are adjusting as Viking grows. It fits into my cabin mate's restrictions is why I was wondering.. Meet and mingle after Marseilles port visit? Anything else of interest? Let me hear when you have time. Thanks

I hope the following helps.

Day 1. Arrived in Barcelona on Thursday 8 March. The Barcelona port authorities offered a shuttle bus from the cruise terminal (Moll Adossat Terminal B) to the World Trade Centre near Las Ramblas. Service started at 7.30am, the last bus returning 11.30pm. It ran every 10 to 15 mins. The cost was 3Euros one way and 4Euros return. These details were printed in the Viking Daily. There are also taxis available at the port.

Day 2. Friday, a full day in city. Viking did offer a complimentary shuttle bus to town centre starting at 9.00am last one returning at 3.45pm. I don't know how often but I guess maybe every 30 minutes.

Day 3 Marseille we docked at the main terminal at approx. 8am. The shuttle buses were offered from the pier to Virage Vaudoyer in the Old Port of Marseille. Starting 9.00am last one returning 5.00pm. Again every 30 minutes.

Day 4 Monaco, yes we docked, no need for a tender.

Day 5 Livorno, for Florence & Pisa. Shuttle bus was offered from 7.30am with last one returning 7.00pm. This was operated by local company and details were in Viking Daily regarding tickets, however if was complimentary.

Day 6 Civitavecchia for Rome. Shuttle bus from pier to main drop off points Varco Vespucci and Varco Fortezza, every 15 mins. Last bus returning 10.00pm

Day 7 Naples. No mention of shuttle bus being offered in the Viking Daily.

Day 8 Sea day

Day 9 Corfu. Shuttle bus was offered. First bus 9.00am last one returning 5.00pm.

Day 10 Split. No bus was offered and the ship docks near town centre.

Day 11 Dubrovnik. First bus 8.00am last one returning from Old Town 1.30pm.

Day 12 Venice. Shuttle boat Service. From the ship to Cornnoldi Pier, along the Riva degli Schiavoni on the Venice water front. This drop off is about 10 mins walk to St Marks Square.

We had rain and windy weather so the Captain took the decision to swap days 10 and 11 around. Visiting Split first then sailing south to Dubrovnik then on to Venice. We docked about 3 hours later in Venice again because of the weather. These little changes didn't really spoil the cruise for us, however because we docked late in Venice because of the weather a few of the day time tours were retimed or cancelled. I know that all the evening gondola ride were cancelled. Shame, but we have no control over the weather.

I think the Meet & Mingle was indeed on day 3, Marseille.

Regarding the Chef's Table Restaurant menus. We dined there 3 times there, it's our favourite restaurant. The food and the service is very good. The menus we tried were the Carnival, The Scandi and the Gastromonies Through Time. All three menus were lovely. There was an Chinese and another menu but can't remember the description.

I hope this helps with planning your holidays.

I hope the following helps.

Day 1. Arrived in Barcelona on Thursday 8 March. The Barcelona port authorities offered a shuttle bus from the cruise terminal (Moll Adossat Terminal B) to the World Trade Centre near Las Ramblas. Service started at 7.30am, the last bus returning 11.30pm. It ran every 10 to 15 mins. The cost was 3Euros one way and 4Euros return. These details were printed in the Viking Daily. There are also taxis available at the port.

Day 2. Friday, a full day in city. Viking did offer a complimentary shuttle bus to town centre starting at 9.00am last one returning at 3.45pm. I don't know how often but I guess maybe every 30 minutes.

Day 3 Marseille we docked at the main terminal at approx. 8am. The shuttle buses were offered from the pier to Virage Vaudoyer in the Old Port of Marseille. Starting 9.00am last one returning 5.00pm. Again every 30 minutes.

Day 4 Monaco, yes we docked, no need for a tender.

Day 5 Livorno, for Florence & Pisa. Shuttle bus was offered from 7.30am with last one returning 7.00pm. This was operated by local company and details were in Viking Daily regarding tickets, however if was complimentary.

Day 6 Civitavecchia for Rome. Shuttle bus from pier to main drop off points Varco Vespucci and Varco Fortezza, every 15 mins. Last bus returning 10.00pm

Day 7 Naples. No mention of shuttle bus being offered in the Viking Daily.

Day 8 Sea day

Day 9 Corfu. Shuttle bus was offered. First bus 9.00am last one returning 5.00pm.

Day 10 Split. No bus was offered and the ship docks near town centre.

Day 11 Dubrovnik. First bus 8.00am last one returning from Old Town 1.30pm.

Day 12 Venice. Shuttle boat Service. From the ship to Cornnoldi Pier, along the Riva degli Schiavoni on the Venice water front. This drop off is about 10 mins walk to St Marks Square.

We had rain and windy weather so the Captain took the decision to swap days 10 and 11 around. Visiting Split first then sailing south to Dubrovnik then on to Venice. We docked about 3 hours later in Venice again because of the weather. These little changes didn't really spoil the cruise for us, however because we docked late in Venice because of the weather a few of the day time tours were retimed or cancelled. I know that all the evening gondola ride were cancelled. Shame, but we have no control over the weather.

I think the Meet & Mingle was indeed on day 3, Marseille.

Regarding the Chef's Table Restaurant menus. We dined there 3 times there, it's our favourite restaurant. The food and the service is very good. The menus we tried were the Carnival, The Scandi and the Gastromonies Through Time. All three menus were lovely. There was an Chinese and another menu but can't remember the description.

I hope this helps with planning your holidays.

Another thank you, Northumbrialass. I have done a screen shot of your info and filed it with other tips.

We are getting closer but not fast enough. Got so antsy to sail again I slipped in a river cruise.