Underwater Sculpture Park Snorkeling

heeb

On April 14th the Royal Princess will be visiting Grenada and I'm signed up for the Underwater Sculpture Park Snorkeling adventure with Grenada Seafaris Powerboat Adventures. I was notified that we need some more people to make this happen. It's s 2.5hr excursion to be picked up at the terminal and to be brought back there as well. Pickup is 12:45pm and drop-off is 3:30pm. I was told by friends who had done this dive that the water is calm and crystal clear and the sculptures are the homes for many fish and underwater coral. If you really want to take part in the adventure contact Grenada Seafaris Powerboat adventure. If you don't want to snorkel you can just swim in the area just off of the boat. The boat will also tour the coastline of Grenada which will also be fun. I don't work for this company but I am a passenger on the Royal Princess and I am too looking forward to going.

• 2 weeks later...
On April 14th the Royal Princess will be visiting Grenada and I'm signed up for the Underwater Sculpture Park Snorkeling adventure with Grenada Seafaris Powerboat Adventures. I was notified that we need some more people to make this happen. It's s 2.5hr excursion to be picked up at the terminal and to be brought back there as well. Pickup is 12:45pm and drop-off is 3:30pm. I was told by friends who had done this dive that the water is calm and crystal clear and the sculptures are the homes for many fish and underwater coral. If you really want to take part in the adventure contact Grenada Seafaris Powerboat adventure. If you don't want to snorkel you can just swim in the area just off of the boat. The boat will also tour the coastline of Grenada which will also be fun. I don't work for this company but I am a passenger on the Royal Princess and I am too looking forward to going.

Hello There, Just to check did you post this on your ship cruise roll call as it may get more views than our Grenada thread :cool:

• 2 weeks later...

We will be on that sailing on the Royal Princess:) I have been looking for a tour that goes to the Underwater Sculpture Park for snorkeling. I was hoping for a sail boat or catamaran but if we can't find another option. We will definitely book with this. We have 2 adults and 2 children in our group.

Also do you know the cost per person? I don't see it on their web site.

• 1 month later...

We went to the sculpture park recently on an overall bad tour.

Few comments not really water for just swimming in.

Water is crystal clear and sculpture park is interesting but the are not many fish at all.

• 2 weeks later...

Water is crystal clear and sculpture park is interesting but the are not many fish at all.

We were there in February 2016. It was rougher that day. Water was churned up so was harder to see the statue and very few fish.

Maybe we had a bad day.

• 2 weeks later...

Who was the tour with?

• 5 months later...

Looking through the thread hope this will answer a few questions on the Underwater Sculpture Park and how to see it

The park is within the Marine Protected Area for which you need to buy a wrist band to enter (US2 divers; US$1 snorkelers - this may be changing soon). Not all operators include it in their price and add it to your overall cost.

HAven't visited in a while but looking at it Grenada Seafaris seem to have a new website with direct booking booking system and prices listed. Also a live Chat Now button to answer any questions the website may not cover.

Latest media article on snorkeling the park link attached https://www.atastefortravel.ca/7769-snorkelling-grenada-underwater-sculpture-park/

hope you all enjoy a fun snorkel in the Worlds 1st Underwater Sculpture Park :cool:

• 1 month later...
Royal Caribbean the Not So Ultimate Sun Sea Fun Cruise

oh I know which one you mean now - one of the catamarans. So sorry our wildlife didn't want to come and play that day - they can be fickle beasties at times. What we often find on island is if we have had some sea swells in the prior few days the nutrients get all churned up which can affect visibility at times but also can mean the wildlife venture further out than the MPA boundary for food. As will all things wildlife we do hope when you return you give them another chance to pop out and say hi :cool:

Are there any other tour operators that offer this? Any that offer the snorkeling and a day beach together?

What about scuba diving places?

I just booked a tour for Underwater Sculptures + "one other snorkel stop" for January 9th through shoreexcursionsgroup.com. Cost was ~$56 pp after using the promo code "COSTSHRX". Based on the ticket I received, it appears that the tour is actually conducted by Eco Dive.

I just booked a tour for Underwater Sculptures + "one other snorkel stop" for January 9th through shoreexcursionsgroup.com. Cost was ~$56 pp after using the promo code "COSTSHRX". Based on the ticket I received, it appears that the tour is actually conducted by Eco Dive.

Eco Dive is a great company - you're sure to have a great day :cool:

The three companies that contribute time, money, effort and work hard to maintain the sculptures and work with new artists to get new ones installed are:

Grenada Seafaris

Eco Dive & Trek

Dive Grenada

:)

Eco Dive is a great company - you're sure to have a great day :cool:

The three companies that contribute time, money, effort and work hard to maintain the sculptures and work with new artists to get new ones installed are:

Grenada Seafaris

Eco Dive & Trek

Dive Grenada

:)

This is awesome. Thanks for that info. :)

• 2 months later...

I just went in and did this to see what we would come up with and after entering the code, it's still more expensive than booking directly with Eco Dive. (about 17.40 cheaper to book direct). I assume if they use Eco Dive for this excursion, you get everything that you would directly with the company (such as pick up at the port???).

Anyone know if these companies pick you up directly at the port?

EcoDive picked me up at the port. We did the sculptures and another snorkel stop that was not at a beach. The EcoDive crew was fine, but I was not especially impressed with the second snorkel stop as it was fairly deep water and not especially colorful.

Edited by jzc8n4
minor addition

I just went in and did this to see what we would come up with and after entering the code, it's still more expensive than booking directly with Eco Dive. (about 17.40 cheaper to book direct). I assume if they use Eco Dive for this excursion, you get everything that you would directly with the company (such as pick up at the port???).

Anyone know if these companies pick you up directly at the port?

I think all three operators do pick up at the cruse ship terminal but best to check with them directly. In general booking directly with operators is the way to go as there is no ship's cut to take into consideration ;p