Best beaches & deals needed!

Reenie75

Sailing to Amber Cove, St Thomas, San Juan and Grand Turks.

Best family beaches & deals. Do I go with carnival excursion or are their better ones. Not sure of the distance either. Thanks!

Head over to the port of call forum...Click on Caribbean and you have lots of information to review

Sailing to Amber Cove, St Thomas, San Juan and Grand Turks.

Best family beaches & deals. Do I go with carnival excursion or are their better ones. Not sure of the distance either. Thanks!

Amber Cove is not a beach port - they have the nice Carnival facilities but it is not a sandy beach, but rather a rocky coast. I would highly suggest looking at the ports of call board and the cruise line and chose an excursion to some place nice if you want sand. In St. Thomas you have many to chose from that are a cab ride away - Magen's Bay and Sapphire in St. Thomas being two of the most popular. San Juan has a very small beach to the left of the port as you walk along the wall, but again, not the nicest. Many people just chose to explore the history of Old San Juan, but if you want a beach, look at excursion options. And as other have said, Grand Turk is a perfect beach day right off the ship for free.

Be aware that beach plans can change on a cruise. Just last week both Magens and Sapphire were closed, along with many others due to the storm surge the night before. The access roads were covered with sand. We have also had various water based excursions cancelled on many cruises due to rough seas. So the main thing is just to go with an open mind and flexibility.

Amber Cove is not a beach port - they have the nice Carnival facilities but it is not a sandy beach, but rather a rocky coast. I would highly suggest looking at the ports of call board and the cruise line and chose an excursion to some place nice if you want sand. In St. Thomas you have many to chose from that are a cab ride away - Magen's Bay and Sapphire in St. Thomas being two of the most popular. San Juan has a very small beach to the left of the port as you walk along the wall, but again, not the nicest. Many people just chose to explore the history of Old San Juan, but if you want a beach, look at excursion options. And as other have said, Grand Turk is a perfect beach day right off the ship for free.

Be aware that beach plans can change on a cruise. Just last week both Magens and Sapphire were closed, along with many others due to the storm surge the night before. The access roads were covered with sand. We have also had various water based excursions cancelled on many cruises due to rough seas. So the main thing is just to go with an open mind and flexibility.

Ty for your info! Much appreciated. I'

Going to split island some beaches then excursions.