Falmouth Maragaritaville Excursion

AbeFroman2

Back from a week on the Allure and wanted to check in about the Falmouth Maragaritaville Excursion.

Has anyone done this recently? We expected the excursion to take place in and around Falmouth, considering the RCCL ad for it mentioned a boat ride to the Falmouth location at the pier.

Instead, we were bussed to the Montegro Bay location, which was a surprise to say the least. Some backed out when that announcement was made, but we decided to go anyway. About two miles from the location, our bus broke down. Another came, we never felt unsafe, and everything worked out fine, but this change was bothersome especially considering the travel alerts there.

Did we miss something? Is this a recent change? Either way, it's a good reminder to research your excursions. We only did so cursory, and paid the price in a way.

I thought there was a Margaritaville in Falmouth. Maybe it was closed or booked for a private gig. Thus sending you to Montego Bay.

There is, yes, which is why we assumed it would be there. Again, not a huge deal as we felt safe for the most part, but about two and a half hours round trip on a shuttle was not expected.

It's annoying when ship excursions departing from Falmouth are listed as "Falmouth" even if they are transporting you to another town. I couldn't find any on my upcoming NCL cruise that actually are in Falmouth, so I booked a day pass on my own.

LOL.... You can walk to Ocho Rios Margaritaville from the pier. Sounds like an excursion to rip off passengers for just paying bus transportation to Montego Bay location . Now if it was a boat excursion to Montego Bay and Margaritaville there...I could see some value as your are seeing the island as you boat over there.

I think this excursion on this particular day was just a disaster. I don’t remember the written description exactly, but it was supposed to be a beach break too. Apparently they didn’t stop at beach break because their were too many cruises in port that day and the beach was too crowded.

The excursion itself seemed overbooked and operators disorganized. Wasn’t bad overall but definitely not as described and wouldn’t recommend. At least they pulled out the good rum after snorkeling, might have been 151 proof, or my wife had more than she is admitting.

• 4 weeks later...