Wedding help on rc adventure of the seas

ccorbett22

Hello, I am sure there are posts out there, but what I found was limited. We are looking to get married on board while at sea on RC Adventure of the Seas going out of New Jersey in 2019. We will be traveling to Bermuda and Bahamas. Has anyone had any experience with this. Typically we go with Celebrity, however, The Summit is a smaller ship than we would like for our wedding.I already called RC and got some basic info and also printed their brochure. :o:o:o:o:o

Hello, I am sure there are posts out there, but what I found was limited. We are looking to get married on board while at sea on RC Adventure of the Seas going out of New Jersey in 2019. We will be traveling to Bermuda and Bahamas. Has anyone had any experience with this. Typically we go with Celebrity, however, The Summit is a smaller ship than we would like for our wedding.I already called RC and got some basic info and also printed their brochure. :o:o:o:o:o

I'm in the process of booking my wedding in October 2018 on Adventure of the Seas. I was dealing with someone from the Weddings department who answered some of my preliminary questions and they send you the brochure. If you still want to continue with the process they send you forms to fill out with your preferred day, type of wedding (embarkation, onboard, destination, etc.) and they require you to fill out credit card information upfront for the initial cost of the wedding (whatever package you choose). Once you submit the paperwork they check with the ship to ensure that day is available for a wedding (since we're getting married onboard). From there we've been contacted by the venue and time coordinator who sends you a list of possible venues for your ceremony and reception (you can choose to held these at different venues). It's been a little challenging because the ship is in dry dock undergoing renos right now so they don't have accurate images or venues. I chose one with large windows (that's why I'm getting married on a ship- the view!) and chose the same venue for both ceremony and reception. They give you an option of time (although the venue I chose is only available until 4pm), and you get 3 hours to complete the ceremony and reception. That's been my experience so far!

Thanks for sharing your info. We are looking at a 2020 wedding & other than the brochure, I haven't been able to find much valuable RC information. (I.e-only roses for bouquets? ACTUAL cost for photographers, make up, hair, etc.) I prefer to know such things before I commit a credit card. I will be looking for your updates