Long Beach Terminal Questions (Carnival Cruise in April)

bigdiggles

Hi everyone, I am super new to this website and this is my first cruise I am taking, so I am quite a novice when it come to travel, ports, etc.

I have a few questions for you guys!

1. Has anyone experienced being in the new dome carnival has built? I heard that they anticipated it would be ready to rock in January! Just curious about any tips or information on what to expect!

2. What time can we actually get there? Our appointment time is 12:30-1 PM but I have read people get to the port at 9:30 or some say 11? We did purchase the FTTF so I assume that gives us some priority while boarding. Just curious as to the earliest time we can arrive is?

We are doing the stay and go package either at the downtown long beach hilton or the Maya doubletree next to the port! Our cruise is the 4 day to Ensanada leaving April 9th!

Unfortunately there haven’t been any reports about Long Beach yet. Hoping to see some next week when the Splendor returns from her MR cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Unfortunately there haven’t been any reports about Long Beach yet. Hoping to see some next week when the Splendor returns from her MR cruise.

Same! Hope we see lots of reviews!

• 1 month later...

I'm interested in knowing this as well.

It's been a few years since we've cruised, last time we got there early (10ish) and waited in line (we were at the front of the 'normal' line and we were probably on the boat by 11:30-12. Now it says arrival time is 12:30-1. So I'm just wondering if we should get there early or just be there at 12:30?

Captains Lounge is now an empty shell. All go thru the doors closest to the Queen Mary.

We arrived at 12:30 and practically didn’t stop walking into the ship.

All three ships now have your cards in the Cabin mailbox. (Inspiration and Imagination now have mailboxes.).

Hi everyone, I am super new to this website and this is my first cruise I am taking, so I am quite a novice when it come to travel, ports, etc.

I have a few questions for you guys!

1. Has anyone experienced being in the new dome carnival has built? I heard that they anticipated it would be ready to rock in January! Just curious about any tips or information on what to expect!

2. What time can we actually get there? Our appointment time is 12:30-1 PM but I have read people get to the port at 9:30 or some say 11? We did purchase the FTTF so I assume that gives us some priority while boarding. Just curious as to the earliest time we can arrive is?

We are doing the stay and go package either at the downtown long beach hilton or the Maya doubletree next to the port! Our cruise is the 4 day to Ensanada leaving April 9th!

It's been a few years since I sailed on Carnival out of Long Beach, but 9:30 seems a bit early to arrive because they will probably still be disembarking passengers from the previous cruise. We were on a Carnival cruise out of Miami last month and still had to wait awhile after arriving at 12:30. Your FTTF package will give you priority boarding and access to your cabin. Normally, Carnival doesn't let passengers access their cabins until 1:30.

As a point of interest, the original dome that Carnival uses for their cruise port was built to house Howard Hughes' "Spruce Goose" when it was on display next to the Queen Mary.

Have Fun!

Not sure if this is still the case, but when we sailed carnival 3 years ago we arrived around 11am, checked in and got our cruise cards then walked over the the Queen Mary. We showed our cruise cards and were able to tour the ship for free. It was a great way to kill time until boarding. We had FTTF and were on board shortly after noon - though to be honest we probably only saved about 10 minutes with the priority boarding!