Voyager suite options

I am not a good sailor so I like to be on a low deck (6 or 7 on the Voyager). I love the separate showers and only use the tub as a "hamper". Plenty of storage for us. I especially like the arrangement of B cabins, so I often reserve an F or G and take an "up-sell".

No vibration problems in cabins between the fore and aft elevators. I've done 6 cruises on Voyager and have 2 more booked.

What is an “up-sell”?

Hi eliana - first of all, an upsell is when there is availability in upper suites and typically the lower suites are booked. So to create availability in the lower categories, Regent will offer (generally through your TA) you a move to an available suite in an upper category for a discount. Thee offers are typically taken pretty quickly. if they are not, Regent will continue to discount the suites until they are sold.

The more categories you will be moving up, the more costly the upsell. For instance, if you are in a lowest category ("H") and there is availability in a PH suite, you will pay more than someone in a category "E" suite for instance. The highest categories are generally but not always offered to passengers in mid-range categories like a PH suite because the cost to move from a "H" suite to a "Grand Suite" would be extremely costly (but still less than full price). We have had upsells from PH to Grand and even Master suites on Voyager.

About the Grand suites - they are lovely -- the ones on the same deck as the Observation Lounge (can't remember deck numbers on Voyager since we haven't been on the ship for a while) are kind of fun because they have two doors and you can walk out the side door and be in the Observation Lounge in 30 seconds. In my opinion, the Grand Suites are "almost" better than the Master suites on that deck because the sound from the music in the Observation Lounge can be heard in the Master Suites.

The one drawback of the Grand Suite on Voyager is that the main bathroom is too small (even compared to regular and PH suites). There is a huge jacuzzi tub area by the window - not near the bathroom which apparently took away from available space for the main bathroom.

Hope that this helps!

Jackie

P.S. Before taking an upsell, make sure you know where the suite is located (have the deck plan with you). Our first upsell on the Voyager was to a PH-A suite under the swimming pool and we would never do that again. The upsell could also be to an aft suite so you would need to consider if whatever vibration there is would be acceptable to you.

Agree totally with Jackie on exercising caution on the upsells - we took an upsell from an F to a Navigator Suite on our first cruise and as much as we loved the cabin layout we hated the noise from the pool deck. Granted, the late night noise was due to a large block of corporate folks on board and usually wouldn't be that bad at night, but the morning noise was noticeable almost every day. Had we known to check CC or with our TA or at least look very closely at the deck plans, we could have avoided that issue.

Remember, a lot of times those cabins don't sell quickly for a reason. Caveat emptor.

Bill, in the future, if you are interested in booking a Navigator Suite, 1125 is not under the pool and is quite unique. Several years ago it was the beauty salon - it has a large living room - tons of drawers (unless they have been removed) and the bedroom is down a small hallway - very private in case one person wants to sleep an the other is up and about.

There is a super low cost Navigator cruise this May - not selling well - I checked on that suite and it is still available. Unfortunately, you are working and we will be doing a 3 night "thing" on NCL's newest ship in Seattle.

Don't mean to hijack my own op ...but i remember years ago (!) a Navigator suite that we affectionally called the 'poll dance suite' I think it was 601. A tad bigger than the standard...whatever that was then... but this weird something in the middle of the space between the bedroom and the livingrm....

Perhaps I should not give away our Voyager secret, but 1055 the corner aft PH C cabin has a massive wrap around balcony with side and aft views, enough room for a full chaise long . It is under the open seating of la veranda but this is not an issue. I assume the other corner is the same. Deck 9 beneath is a seven seas aft. We really enjoyed this suite and will book again, no vibration aft here either. Only flip side is its a long way to the theatre re excursion tickets ,we left 5 mins to traverse the ship. At least the exercise walked off all the superb food on Voyager. We were disappointed with Chartreuse on Voyager, much preferred the new CR menu. The other advantage was the enormous balcony gave us a great al fresco private dining room which our butler set up a couple of times. Now our secret is out, as this is not shown on either the brochures or the website deck plans, but a gap area which is not there !!

Don't mean to hijack my own op ...but i remember years ago (!) a Navigator suite that we affectionally called the 'poll dance suite' I think it was 601. A tad bigger than the standard...whatever that was then... but this weird something in the middle of the space between the bedroom and the livingrm....

I am familiar with that suite (sort of - we booked it but received an upsell). I do know that it is now a PH suite (not sure which category). At the time that we booked it, it was really a bargain. Had't thought of it as a 'poll dance suite' but I do "get it":D