Scooter

mrsihopes

We are going to Alaska out of San Pedro in April on Princess. I would like to bring my mobility scooter to use when we are in ports in Alaska as I can not walk for an extended period of time with out my hip hurting. Does anyone know if I can put a luggage tag on my scooter, leave it with the porters and have it delivered to my state room? Any information would be appreciated.

We are going to Alaska out of San Pedro in April on Princess. I would like to bring my mobility scooter to use when we are in ports in Alaska as I can not walk for an extended period of time with out my hip hurting. Does anyone know if I can put a luggage tag on my scooter, leave it with the porters and have it delivered to my state room? Any information would be appreciated.

Only if you want to risk it being left at the port and or damage before it even gets to you. Checking it in at the port is not recommended. The porters load it into a luggage bin and than throw other items on top of it. The scooter would not be driven on board.

Perplexed as to why you don't just ride it onto the ship on embarkation day as well as ride it on disembarkation day ? That's the easiest and safest thing to do .

We rented one for my mom from special needs at sea. It was in the room when we got there. Left it in the room when we disembarked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you need your scooter to go distances due to your hip you are likely going to need it to embark. Those ramps are long and steep. They have a special area to go to board when you use mobility devices. I am paralyzed so my perception may be different but I don’t give up my chair unless I do not have an option. Too many risks of not getting it back or damage from well intended but yet unaware handlers.