Temperature onboard Regent Explorer

I have the same question for our TA on Mariner in early April. I know it’s impossible to predict weather, so certainly will be packing layers. But how about the interior of the ship, restaurants, theater, etc?

You're going to get very mixed "reviews" on the question.

We've been on Mariner and Voyager many times and have always been quite cold, so much so that a couple of times we've needed to have dinner in our suite (I know that some people enjoy that; we don't, especially) because the restaurants were simply too cold for us (mainly because of my husband's baldness). We're chilly pretty much everywhere on the ships except our suite. Others find the venues sometimes too warm. (Hi, Tc.) Btw, I don't agree, as it's sometimes been said, that it's easier to take measures to increase warmth than the reverse.

Best thing to do is know your tolerance for hot or cold and try to dress accordingly. (My husband may ask to borrow a certain hairpiece for our Explorer cruise in June.)

I have the same question for our TA on Mariner in early April. I know it’s impossible to predict weather, so certainly will be packing layers. But how about the interior of the ship, restaurants, theater, etc?

My wife and I are always cold on the Regent ships (3 recent Explorer and I Voyager cruises); one of us is bald! I wear a sweat shirt at the lectures and @ Trivia but still very cold in Bermuda shorts. I always wear a sweater or sport coat to dinner. Exception might be Sette Mari near the open kitchen which is comfortable for me.

Agree with poss - you will definitely get mixed reviews. For people that live in climates where it is usual to have your air conditioning on, you'll be fine. For people that live in places like the U.K. that do not have air conditioning, they could find it cold when the air is on. We have been roasting (74 degrees) on a ship while others need a sweater or pashmina. The ships became so warm that we purchased a very small digital thermometer.

A good example of the temperatures is Compass Rose. It seems that Regent keeps this dining venue at the cooler side (comfortable for us) when they open at 6:30 p.m. However, by the time CR fills up it is quite warm (low to mid 70's while we keep our home at 67).

So, if you are typically cold in air conditioned places, you will need a jacket, sweater or pashmina. For those of you that are comfortable in air conditioning, you'll be fine. Remember when you ask for the heat to be turned up, that you can always wear something to be warmer but for passengers that are too warm, there is little to nothing that they can do.

I prefer cooler temps and I’m usually comfortable on board Explorer, but my wife is always wearing some type of wrap, especially in Compass Rose. I guess I’d say it’s on the cooler side of comfortable, if that makes sense...