RTW segment cruisers boarding in Sydney/leaving cruise in Auckland

golfguyhhi

If you were on a segment of the current RTW cruise and you either boarded or left the cruise in either Auckland or Sydney, and you used Viking Air, can you tell me how you got to or from either of those ports from the US?

The reason I'm interested is that I'm booked on Orion's Sydney to Auckland in December and Viking Custom Air has told me they can't get me on either American or Delta to Sydney, or from Auckland, but they won't/can't tell me what they CAN put me on.

If you were segmenters boarding/leaving in either Auckland or Sydney, I'm curious as to how you got from the US to/from either of those ports.

The world cruise on the Viking Sun has no segments. It was totally sold out when it left LA.

Orion will be the first ship that is doing your itinerary .

Viking Air will be doing these flights for the first time for its customers. it is still too early for their bookng the flgihts.

When my friends went to Australia and New Zealand on Celebrity they were booked with New Zealand Air.

If you were on a segment of the current RTW cruise and you either boarded or left the cruise in either Auckland or Sydney, and you used Viking Air, can you tell me how you got to or from either of those ports from the US?

The reason I'm interested is that I'm booked on Orion's Sydney to Auckland in December and Viking Custom Air has told me they can't get me on either American or Delta to Sydney, or from Auckland, but they won't/can't tell me what they CAN put me on.

If you were segmenters boarding/leaving in either Auckland or Sydney, I'm curious as to how you got from the US to/from either of those ports.

There is a cruise or cruises Australia and New Zealand. You might as those folks.

Unfortunately there is no Roll Call for your cruise as yet - however there are several posts by US travellers about flights in the Roll Call by those who are travelling Bali - Sydney on the Orion in November. It might be worth touching base with those travellers in that November Roll Call to see if they have any advice to offer. We board the Orion on 30 December, as you are disembarking - but our flight to NZ is very straight forward. Enjoy.

Edited by helenandfrank
Extra info

Unfortunately there is no Roll Call for your cruise as yet - however there are several posts by US travellers about flights in the Roll Call by those who are travelling Bali - Sydney on the Orion in November. It might be worth touching base with those travellers in that November Roll Call to see if they have any advice to offer. We board the Orion on 30 December, as you are disembarking - but our flight to NZ is very straight forward. Enjoy.

The roll call for this trip was started on Jan 16. I've responded to it because my wife and I are on it.

As to the flight(s).... After using Viking Air on a previous cruise, we will do our own travel arrangements in the future, including this Australia-New Zealand cruise. We are using our accumulated frequent flyer miles and (as I write this) have our outbound segment booked (SFO-MEL-SYO) on Qantas.

The roll call for this trip was started on Jan 16. I've responded to it because my wife and I are on it.

As to the flight(s).... After using Viking Air on a previous cruise, we will do our own travel arrangements in the future, including this Australia-New Zealand cruise. We are using our accumulated frequent flyer miles and (as I write this) have our outbound segment booked (SFO-MEL-SYO) on Qantas.

hello Etexvrc

There is no Roll Call for Orion in December 2018 that I can see - I can't find anything between Nov 18 and Mar 19 (below) ... and as far as I can tell the original post relates to a December 2018 sailing of the Orion. Of course I could be mistaken. No offence intended - I just wanted to let you know in case you are on a Dec 2018 Orion cruise and your Roll Call has disappeared.

21 results

Viking Orion Roll Call - November 30, 2018

View Roll Call

View Discussion

Viking Orion Roll Call - March 26, 2019

View Roll Call

View Discussion

Edited by helenandfrank
Typo

Helenandfrank,

You say "but our flight to NZ is very straight forward." Did you use Viking Air?

Also, the roll call for Orion for November 30, 2018 looks like it includes some people on the December 16 cruise. No one has started a separate December 16 (Sydney-Auckland) roll call yet.

Helenandfrank,

You say "but our flight to NZ is very straight forward." Did you use Viking Air?

Also, the roll call for Orion for November 30, 2018 looks like it includes some people on the December 16 cruise. No one has started a separate December 16 (Sydney-Auckland) roll call yet.

Ah ha ... the penny drops ! Thank you golfguyhhi.

Re flights, no not Viking Air. There are several flights a day from Brisbane to Auckland (about 3.5 hours flying time) and we would prefer to pick our own flight. Qantas, Virgin Australia and Air New Zealand all fly the route and fares are generally reasonable due to the competition. Good golfing to you as well. Cheers, Frank

I can't speak for Auckland with any certainty, but flights from the USA into Sydney typically are (apart from AA or Delta), United, Qantas, Virgin, Air NZ and, depending where you are flying from in the US, Emirates and Qatar, I guess most flights into Auckland would be with Air NZ or United.

Sorry I should add, I don't know which airlines Viking use, but the above are the potential options.

hello Etexvrc

There is no Roll Call for Orion in December 2018 that I can see - I can't find anything between Nov 18 and Mar 19 (below) ... and as far as I can tell the original post relates to a December 2018 sailing of the Orion. Of course I could be mistaken. No offence intended - I just wanted to let you know in case you are on a Dec 2018 Orion cruise and your Roll Call has disappeared.

21 results

Viking Orion Roll Call - November 30, 2018

View Roll Call

View Discussion

Viking Orion Roll Call - March 26, 2019

View Roll Call

View Discussion

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2585583