Searching for That Suuuuuuite Deal . . . .

Petersonfcu

My wife and I have been on dozens of cruises on most of the mainstream cruise lines, but always in a lower cabin category (i.e., inside, oceanview, or balcony). Now we want to try out a suite for once. But I am not sure how to shop and compare . . . which I love to do. So am looking for some thoughts, tips, and guidance.

I realize there are different sorts of suites, in terms of size and amenities. I guess the minimum requirement for us would be a nice common area where you can entertain a few of your fellow cruisers. And free booze (well, included booze). And excellent service. And maybe a special dining room (this latter, though, I am not really sure is necessary). And a decent value in terms of dollars per cruise day. I mean, I expect to pay up quite a bit for the suite experience, but would like to feel that I got a decent deal compared to all that is out there.

So are there resources that deal with suite comparisons? Blogs? Websites? Something on Cruise Critic? Perhaps some of you have some personal experiences with particular cruise lines that offer good suite value, including maybe a particular cruise region, or time of year, or cruise type (e.g., repositioning) that offers a nice suite value. As we are retired we are extremely flexible, just looking for that sweet spot of suite experience and value.

Thanks in Advance!

I'm not sure how quickly you're looking for your next cruise, but you can get a Sky Suite guaranteed on Celebrity Infinity on 5/2/18 for a 15 night Panama Canal cruise for only $3,499 pp right now. That is unbelievable!! Not really a lot of space to entertain, but the suites do come with all 4 perks (internet, premium beverages, tips, and $300obc), a specialty dining restaurant just for the suites, Michael's Club, plus other various suite perks. I think that's quite a deal right now!

I'm not sure how quickly you're looking for your next cruise, but you can get a Sky Suite guaranteed on Celebrity Infinity on 5/2/18 for a 15 night Panama Canal cruise for only $3,499 pp right now. That is unbelievable!! Not really a lot of space to entertain, but the suites do come with all 4 perks (internet, premium beverages, tips, and $300obc), a specialty dining restaurant just for the suites, Michael's Club, plus other various suite perks. I think that's quite a deal right now!

That does look like a good deal. But I am interested in how you find this, and how you can figure out just how good a deal it is. Maybe its all hit or miss?

Typically you cannot entertain non-Suite guests in Suite specific areas.

Hmmm. Is this really true? We sailed on the NCL Sun with friends who were upgraded to the Owner's Suite up top and front, while we were in a run-of-the-mill ocean view midships. And still we spent several hours every day in the suite with our friends. No problemo.

That does look like a good deal. But I am interested in how you find this, and how you can figure out just how good a deal it is. Maybe its all hit or miss?

I usually look at itineraries that interest us and then explore pricing, which will change based on sailing dates, when final payment is due, popularity of the ship and/or itinerary, etc.

We always sail Celebrity or Royal Caribbean and it seems to me that there are a minimum of three times when we can get a deal - when the sailing first posts, when there is a big sale (varies), and after final payment (you can sometimes upgrade your room or category). On cruises we've booked, I try to look at the current pricing daily if possible. That may seem excessive, but I enjoy it and love planning each vacation! [emoji4]

Recently we saved 20% on a Caribbean cruise prior to final payment, and were able to significantly upgrade our cabin on the Panama Canal cruise I mentioned, after final payment. We also have an Iberian Peninsula cruise which we booked when it was first posted and pricing has never been less than what we will pay. However, I'm hoping we might eventually be able to upgrade our stateroom category at a reasonable price.

Hope you can find your "suite" deal too!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hmmm. Is this really true? We sailed on the NCL Sun with friends who were upgraded to the Owner's Suite up top and front, while we were in a run-of-the-mill ocean view midships. And still we spent several hours every day in the suite with our friends. No problemo.

In the Suite, no problem. The post was about entertaining in the suite spaces, where there is complimentary alcohol and/or food. Those are limited to suite guests.

Even you cruise with family and some are in a suite and some are not, only the suite guests get the perks.