A couple of Quest questions

Wendy The Wanderer

Hi, we're on Quest in two weeks out of Montreal, first Seabourn.

Is there anything resembling a walking track? I can't spot anything on the deck plans, but hoping there is some kind of route outdoors where one can walk on sea days.

Are there exercise classes? I presume there are. Any water classes, like aquafit?

Any other Quest tips or favourite or secret places?

The lack of a proper promenade deck is one of the (few) things that I dislike about Seabourn. Most walkers use deck 5, but it's a short walk and involves either turning back on yourself at the end of the deck or going inside the ship, walking across the corridor and out the door on the other side. Alternatively deck 9, again a short walk and you do feel that you're walking round in small circles past the Sky Bar.

I've never seen any water classes advertised. There were a few yoga classes on my last cruise.

No water classes.

A variety of group exercise classes, mostly free: yoga, stretching, kinesis. Most are in the mornings. If enough demand, they may open up afternoon classes. Also, with Dr. Weill's mindful living program, meditation and sound bowl classes. Some fee-based group classes and private training sessions.

Walking, as others stated above, is on deck 5 or 9, no proper walking track.

No water classes.

A variety of group exercise classes, mostly free: yoga, stretching, kinesis. Most are in the mornings. If enough demand, they may open up afternoon classes. Also, with Dr. Weill's mindful living program, meditation and sound bowl classes. Some fee-based group classes and private training sessions.

Walking, as others stated above, is on deck 5 or 9, no proper walking track.

Thanks for all the info. Oh well, I'll adjust. With only three sea days it's not the end of the world, but one of my big challenges on a cruise is to keep from getting utterly slothful!

Deck 9 is the go-to place to start walking. You can walk for miles if you want without changing decks. However, we usually climb the forward stairs to Deck 11, and walk about there, before descending agai to Deck 9.

If the weather or seas are dicey, we have done our walking using decks, 5,6,7 interior space and climbing the stairs. Of course, there is always the treadmill.

Where I live I’m used to walking outside year round so on a cruise I avoid the gym and walk laps outside - deck 9 if not too windy or rainy or deck 8 just below if the weather is less clement. One lap is 100 meters. So I try to do at least 50 laps which is just over 3 miles. I walk at 6:30 in the morning so I’m not getting in the way of anyone (or vice versa’. If we are out at sea I love looking at the ocean and if we are within sight of land the changing scenery is entertaining. On our recent Iceland, Greenland, Canadian cruise I managed to walk every sea day - some days I was bundled in my puffer jacket and beanie and others in my rain jacket and ball cap.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Call the crew by their names and they will be greatly appreciative. I often can’t read the name tags or if I can I often don’t know how to pronounce the name so when I encounter a crew member whom I’ve not met before I ask them how they pronounce their name.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Call the crew by their names and they will be greatly appreciative. I often can’t read the name tags or if I can I often don’t know how to pronounce the name so when I encounter a crew member whom I’ve not met before I ask them how they pronounce their name.

Good tip, and that's exactly how it's been for me in the past--try to read the tag, but then ask!

The barely legible obscure name tags, requiring many people to put their glasses on to be able to see them well enough to make out crew names, seem to be ubiquitous on cruise lines. I have to wonder if this is deliberate, or they all get them from a discount muted tag company. [emoji849]

I would love bigger type, brighter, clearer name tags.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk