Luggage Valet

Brerpossum

Does Celebrity still do Luggage Valet? If so, we disembark in FLL from the Infinity. We used it several years back and loved it.

Jerry

It's available at Port Everglades,(Ft. Lauderdale), Port of Miami and Seattle with the parameters of certain airlines and departure times. You should get a notice in your cabin or see it in the Celebrity Today. If you don't, be sure to inquire at Guest Services towards the beginning of your cruise.

Yes, it's $25 pp and they also print out your boarding passes and deliver them to your room. Note: If there are more people in your room than you have suitcases, only sign up the person/people who have the suitcase, not everyone. Example: Between my husband and myself we have 1 suitcase. Only one of us signs up for the luggage valet and then we are only charged $25 since there is only person participating. If both of us sign up, even though we only have 1 suitcase, we would be charged $50. One time even though he hadn't signed up for valet they did bring his boarding pass also to the room. The last time they did not so I just printed it out on the ship.

You will also be charged whatever your airline charges for checked luggage.

We love luggage valet.

We were on the Silhouette last January, and had to ask for the forms, never received the form in our cabin and there was no notice published in the daily. I just cleaned out a drawer and found the dailies from that cruise, reread the week's worth to make certain I had not missed the notice.

Leaving the ship whenever we chose because we had no luggage to look for was wonderful. And what made the $25.00 per person really worth it was the very long line to check bags at FLL. It felt as if we had traveled with just carryons.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Used luggage valet twice in Miami to check two bags each. First time was great. second time not so. Be careful about 2 things. 1. Make sure the long luggage tag number printed on the receipt they deliver to your room matches the long luggage tag number printed on the luggage tag they deliver with it for you to attach to your bag. We didn't check since the luggage tag had our correct airline, flight and arrival city info. We learned the problem when three of our bags didn't arrive at our destination because the numbers didn't match. 2. We get two free checked bags each with Delta and noted this on the luggage valet form but discovered after the cruise that a second bag fee was added to our onboard account. When we questioned this we were told that the luggage valet personnel will only process one free bag per person regardless of what the airline gives you.

We get two free checked bags each with Delta and noted this on the luggage valet form but discovered after the cruise that a second bag fee was added to our onboard account. When we questioned this we were told that the luggage valet personnel will only process one free bag per person regardless of what the airline gives you.

You were informed incorrectly . If your airline allows two free bags, that is the rules that luggage valet should follow. :)

• 2 weeks later...

As I recall if disembarking in Ft. Lauderdale and flying from FLL it's 11:30 or noon and if flying from Miami it's 2:00 PM. The reverse is true if disembarking in Miami. I can't remember Seattle, it's been a while since we cruised from there.

The goal of Seattle's program is to increase tourism. They want people to tour the city before they leave to go home. The service in Seattle is FREE. But you have to pay applicable baggage fees that your airline charges. Celebrity takes care of that and it is billed to your onboard account.

Does anyone know:

1. If disembarking in Miami, can we use luggage valet to FFL.

2. What airlines are participating in both FFL and MIA?Sent from my iPad using Forums

The answer to #1 is "It depends." If you also embarked from Miami and the trip is at least 7 days, then most likely yes. At least this year I've had the service not be offered when on a re-location cruise and on a 5-nighter.

I'm attempting to attach a link to the Luggage Valet form from last month (click here), but if that doesn't work, as of August, participating airlines were:

FLL:, AA, DL (domestic only), JB, UA and SW

MIA: AA, DL (domestic only), UA