MDR menu

npb

So.... in the Celebrity MDR, what happens if you jst ask for something from the steakhouse menu - can they do that and upcharge? IIRC Carnival were pretty flexible about cross restaurant orders even when it wasn't one of the "Steakhouse Selections" on the MDR menu.

haven't seen that on the menu, and not heard anyone doing that, if you ask maybe....

It might be something that is coming, they seem to continually looking to get that bit extra money from you.

Despite a fairly steep charge for the Tuscan Steakhouse they charge you even higher premium once there if you want a top quality steak. If they were to charge you for a top quality steak i'd imagine the upcharge would be steep - possibly $60 for a dry aged steak

haven't seen that on the menu, and not heard anyone doing that, if you ask maybe....

It might be something that is coming, they seem to continually looking to get that bit extra money from you.

Despite a fairly steep charge for the Tuscan Steakhouse they charge you even higher premium once there if you want a top quality steak. If they were to charge you for a top quality steak i'd imagine the upcharge would be steep - possibly $60 for a dry aged steak

Oh, I didn't know that. That's very disappointing that they up-charge once you are in the door at the steakhouse.

Be warned that certain ships deviate from some of these menu items. Always check the menu posted outside the door to see if any of the items have been changed from the menus posted above. Two nights ago a nice beef dish was replaced with what resembled the everyday steak. The M'd had no explanation.

The food in MDR has been awful on the Infinity and Eclipse, these have been our last 3 cruises.

Some have said it is awful on all the Celebrity ships, unless you are a fist time cruiser, not a very discerning eater or used to low restaurant fare.

On the other hand, the food in the Buffet was really good. Others have said that as well.

Sure we prefer to eat in a dining room but not if it is as poor as it has been.

If this is your first cruise, disregard all that I have said, you will find everything is wonderful and Celebrity loves first timers as they have no clue what it was like years ago to wine and dine. That is when it was 4 + plus dining. Now it is a 3 at best.

Of course Suites and Aqua may have a totally different experience. The tiered system now needs to be mentioned.

• 2 months later...

You will need to make up your own mind about food in the MDR.

Unlike the previous poster, we were on Eclipse in Feb for 14 nights and found the MDR food better than our previous two cruises. It was not what we remember from back in the early 2000’s but still above average. Plus, our 14 nights cost about the same as our 10 night on Constellation in 2006. Food was a 6 out of 10 this year vs. an 8 out of 10 in 2006.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Question about the wines by the glass: is anything <$10 covered under the Classic beverage package?

We ordered whatever wine we wanted but always reminded the sommelier that we were on the classic package!

He remembered our favourites by the 4th night :D Our final bill showed no additional charges for the wine served!

Yes.

We ordered whatever wine we wanted but always reminded the sommelier that we were on the classic package!

He remembered our favourites by the 4th night :D Our final bill showed no additional charges for the wine served!

Thanks to you both! This our first time with a beverage package. We enjoy drinking on vacation but are not picky at all, so want to make sure we stay within our limits (haha, that has a dual meaning...).

Can I ask mdr menu even if I'm in Blu restaurant?

Not on S class ships. They are not near each other, the galleys are separated, and they are not allowed to move food between these galleys.

On M class ships, you MIGHT be able to get an entree from the MDR. this seems to be handled on a case by case basis.

• 1 month later...
Thanks for posting, but it appears that all but one of the MDR menus has disappeared.

Don't know why CC remove the links the photos still exist in the source URL, just checked, CC removed 14 of 15 pages with the menus the photo links were removed

The MDR menus are listed for the week on the tv in your room.

We really enjoyed most of the food in the MDR in February on the Equinox. The prime rib, chicken chaquito, lobster, blue cheese souffle and the spinach turnover were delicious! The gnocchi, beef wellington and lamb in phillo were just ok. And we did not care for the chicken saltimboca or the pork loin.

We did not care for most of the food in the buffet, and we normally love a buffet.

To each their own. What I found to be delicious, others may not care for.

Don't know why CC remove the links the photos still exist in the source URL, just checked, CC removed 14 of 15 pages with the menus the photo links were removed

In advance? Good luck I can’t find any current menus listed on cruise critic

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I was interested in looking at your menus...I didn't take pictures of the menus on my recent Alaska cruise and I wanted to see if your photos jogged my memory...I'm wondering if your photos are stored on the FB site? When I load the source code and see the source images URL, I get the error message URL signature expired. When I google that...all the references are to FB photos...just wondering.

Can I ask mdr menu even if I'm in Blu restaurant?

Not on S class ships. They are not near each other, the galleys are separated, and they are not allowed to move food between these galleys.

On M class ships, you MIGHT be able to get an entree from the MDR. this seems to be handled on a case by case basis.

On my recent Summit (M-class) sailing, my father-in-law was able to order MDR everyday appetizers such as escargot, shrimp cocktail and French onion soup, nearly every night in Blu.

• 2 months later...
I was interested in looking at your menus...I didn't take pictures of the menus on my recent Alaska cruise and I wanted to see if your photos jogged my memory...I'm wondering if your photos are stored on the FB site? When I load the source code and see the source images URL, I get the error message URL signature expired. When I google that...all the references are to FB photos...just wondering.
Anyone know why the links to the menus have disappeared from most of posts?

The menus are online, sorry for the inconvenience. The following links will take you to the menus

MDR - 14 Night Dinner Menús

MDR - 14 Night Dessert Menus

for the dessert menus go to the 2nd page of the post

How did you like your Summit Canada/New England cruise? We are doing it September 2019.

Going on the October 7 sailing, In the future I can see everything very well except for Quebec, the first day will be marathon day and all streets will be closed, I have a tour reserved with celebrity and hopefully they will not cancel.

I decided to advance the publication since several people were asking me for the menus.

Going on the October 7 sailing, In the future I can see everything very well except for Quebec, the first day will be marathon day and all streets will be closed, I have a tour reserved with celebrity and hopefully they will not cancel.

I decided to advance the publication since several people were asking me for the menus.

Enjoy. Bon Voyage.:champagne-toast: