Electrical outlets on Veendam

cabinluvn

Sailing on the 21 day Cuba/Caribbean in January. Have only sailed once since getting my CPAP and that was on the Konningsdam and there was a plug right by the bed. Anyone know where it is located in relationship to the bed on the Veendam?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My husband and I were on the Veendam in April and I recall that in the cabin there is one outlet on the desk. I could not find an outlet near the bed. There is one in the bathroom but it was high up near or on the light fixture. I assumed this is for an electric razor. Since we returned I have read with great interest that you may request a power strip from the front desk upon boarding. I plan to do this on our next Veendam cruise.

Baltimore Cruise

I believe on most "dam" ships they only have one plug at the desk. If you are in the suites they have them by the bed. Just got off the Zaandam and we had requested a power strip for a CPAP machine, cord was stretched to the max from the bedside. If he jerked his machine everything came tumbling down. We were lucky to have one bed, imagine if you have separate beds, I am not sure how the cord will stretch. You might want to bring a short extension cord for your safety. I don't understand why HAL took the power supply away, they have created a dangerous safety hazard for individuals using medical equipment. Cords are now stretched dangerously and can be a tripping hazard.:mad:

We were on the Veendam in April- I think there was an outlet on the desk and one on the wall (TV, VCR plug). Our steward set it up for my husband's CPAP with an extension cord. I always cruise with at least a 9' cord just in case. Also, an lightening/micro USB adapter that you can use to charge a couple of phones/tablets is a good idea.