Some Veendam Questions

cidymom

We're heading out soon for our first HAL cruise on Veendam and wondered if those we have sailed Veendam can provide answers:

(1) are toiletries (shampoo/conditioner/body wash) provided in Vista Suites?

(2) what should we do or who do we see if we want the unlimited laundry package? (Still debating as apparently Veendam still has self-laundry rooms but I'm on holidays so not sure if I want to do laundry!)

(3) does HAL offer lobster on one of the formal nights?

(4) do they have a different show in the main theatre every evening (singers/magicians/comedians)?

(5) do they have any spa specials offered?

Thanks all.

We're heading out soon for our first HAL cruise on Veendam and wondered if those we have sailed Veendam can provide answers:

(1) are toiletries (shampoo/conditioner/body wash) provided in Vista Suites?

(2) what should we do or who do we see if we want the unlimited laundry package? (Still debating as apparently Veendam still has self-laundry rooms but I'm on holidays so not sure if I want to do laundry!)

(3) does HAL offer lobster on one of the formal nights?

(4) do they have a different show in the main theatre every evening (singers/magicians/comedians)?

(5) do they have any spa specials offered?

Thanks all.

1. All cabins offer Elemis products - dispenser in the shower for body wash, shampoo and conditioner as well as small bottles of very nice hand cream and soap bars. The Neptune Suites get a few more items,

I actually use the body wash for a first clarifying shampoo - it is minty; and the shampoo for a body wash because it is not minty; and the conditioner for an all over moisturizer - and am very careful when I step out of the tub area -slightly slippery. Others use them as intended. Plus bring your own favorite products - I like Biolage shampoo for my second wash.

2. There is a laundry bag in your cabin and you can arrange your package with your cabin steward. Agree, sitting around the laundry room waiting for things to finish washing and/or drying is not fun, but good to know they are there in a pinch. Plus having the ironing board there can be handy too. Depending on how long your cruise is and what your own needs are, the "stuff the bag" every few days can also work very well - 24-48 hour turn-around times - mostly in one day but plan on two days to get things back to be safe.

3. There is lobster on one of the Gala nights as a "surf and turf". Apparently you can ask for surf-surf or surf but no turf. They try to accommodate you.

4. There are different shows most night -some as staff productions some as a solo feature entertainer and sometimes a movie with musical accompaniment. Usually two shows after early and late dining times. Crowded during the early show (7pm?) and always plenty of room at the late show - mainly at 10pm, but sometimes they start at 9:30pm.

5. Spa specials are mainly offered on port days but they have various offerings from time to time- they leave an insert in your cabin mail box or you can ask at the desk. There are no real bargains but you may save a few dollars off the regular prices. They often have various package deals - 20 minutes each of various treatments - you pick and choose.

Spa indiividual services on the various ships I have tried have been very good - hair cuts and highlighting. Pedicures are good, but more pricy that I like and I don't think their foot "massage" extras are worth it in the included price. ($75 after tip?) Manicures are less.

We have been on the Veendam several times, most recent last Christmas to Cuba. Like the small ship and easy to learn layout, good cabins.