Internet access on Veendam - what plans are currently offered

scm200

For anyone who has been on the Veendam recently can you tell me what Internet plans are available? I had read somewhere that HAL was switching to the unlimited level plans vs minutes in August but I have seen nothing since then - I would like to keep up with my FB and Instagram accounts during the trip as I was able to on CCL last year.

• 3 weeks later...
For anyone who has been on the Veendam recently can you tell me what Internet plans are available? I had read somewhere that HAL was switching to the unlimited level plans vs minutes in August but I have seen nothing since then - I would like to keep up with my FB and Instagram accounts during the trip as I was able to on CCL last year.

Just off the Veendam's 14 day Cuba explorer; yes they have an unlimited internet package with 3 categories. The basic one was approx $10 a day/$140, which makes the often slower service at sea more tolerable.

Just completed the 14-day Cuban voyage, and had to use the Internet once (wanted to be unplugged the rest of the time). There are 3 levels of access, depending on what kind of service you need. The basic level was email and social media, and that was $10 or $15 per day with a fairly low data cap.

The middle tier was advertised as good for some streaming services, but couldn't guarantee video streaming; it was $25 per day and had a 300MB data cap. Because I had a job interview via Skype, I went for the best package, suitable for video streaming, which was $30 per day with a 500MB cap.

My Skype call had some minor video jitters and slight freezing, but it never dropped out and the audio was good throughout. I might have had a better signal elsewhere, but I figured that nobody wanted to listen in to my job interview. FWIW, it looks like I'm getting the job. :D

Can just one person in the cabin get the internet package or do both have to get it?

Unlike the Signature Beverage Package, only one person needs to purchase an Internet package, but both can use it. All you have to do is share the user ID and password.

But only one person can use it at a time.