Restaurant reservations on Riveria

carefree lady

I'm new to Oceania, and I have a question about dining reservations. I don't care to dine at Red Ginger on Riveria. Can I double book another restaurant, since I'm allowed 4?

Not during the pre-cruise reserve process (though you can change/add once onboard).

However, you really may want to give Red Ginger a try. Terrifically varied menu (and not you hometown Chinese buffet). Duck/watermelon salad. YUM!!!

I'm new to Oceania, and I have a question about dining reservations. I don't care to dine at Red Ginger on Riveria. Can I double book another restaurant, since I'm allowed 4?

I hesitate to give away our strategy on booking specialty reservations. Lyn is right. You can only book once in each restaurant. We always book all 4 restaurants. Once on board we visit the reservations desk and ask to trade a reservation for any of the other 3 restaurants. We have never been refused. Sometimes we choose a different night (available times may be more appealing) and almost always we choose to share the table with others. (We have made lifelong friends at these serendipitous shared tables.)

We are with you. Red Ginger is our least favorite. But fortunately for you and me, it is very popular with others. Your reservation has value to them and you can trade it for something that appeals more to your taste. But make the reservation!

Katie

Not during the pre-cruise reserve process (though you can change/add once onboard).

However, you really may want to give Red Ginger a try. Terrifically varied menu (and not you hometown Chinese buffet). Duck/watermelon salad. YUM!!!

My spouse is Chinese & trust me, Red Ginger is NOT authentic Chinese! It's very good, mind you, but few Americans would actually eat true authentic Chinese food. There is NO such thing as General Gao's Chix/Crab Rangoon's/Egg drop soup etc. At least not if you're truly ethnic Chinese & not "ABC". If people don't know what ABC is, they really need to get out more! Either way the OP should be able to change reservations once on board. Only issue, is the available time may not be to their liking.

My spouse is Chinese & trust me, Red Ginger is NOT authentic Chinese! It's very good, mind you, but few Americans would actually eat true authentic Chinese food. There is NO such thing as General Gao's Chix/Crab Rangoon's/Egg drop soup etc. At least not if you're truly ethnic Chinese & not "ABC". If people don't know what ABC is, they really need to get out more! Either way the OP should be able to change reservations once on board. Only issue, is the available time may not be to their liking.

I am not an expert on Asian food but I believe RG is more Asian Fusion than Chinese or Thai with a little of creative license thrown in

In any case it is not for us

Like baseball.... 3 times your out

JMO