Do Reservations for La Reserve Open Later Than Specialties?

kitty9

Just booked our specialty reservations for our 19 night cruise on Riviera, but I could not book La Reserve. Do they hold back reservations for that, say, not until 30 days before?

In my experience La Reserve opens earlier, not later.

We are on Riviera Nov 1.

La Reserve was available in May.

If you can book the specialties I would think any reservations for La Reserve would be listed by now

When you click on the La Reserve tab is nothing listed ??

Maybe try calling O or have your TA check

Are you on a GV? that may be part of the problem

best to call

Just booked our specialty reservations for our 19 night cruise on Riviera, but I could not book La Reserve. Do they hold back reservations for that, say, not until 30 days before?

I believe that the confusion here stems from the fact that La Reserve is considered to be a Wine Venue, not a Specialty Restaurant. The Specialty Restaurant regulations do not pertain to La Reserve.

Further, reservations at La Reserve are purchased rather than granted as a benefit by the Cruise Line. La Reserve Reservations become available as soon as it it determined, by Oceania, which nights the venue will be operational.

This determination is usually made well before the Specialty Restaurant Reservations window opens.

This was our experience on a Riviera TransAtlantic in May. 2 La Reserve menus were offered online about 5 months prior to sailing. One sold out almost immediately. The connoisseur menu was available up until sailing. Because we had a sizable amount of OBC, we wanted to wait to book on board. After boarding, 2 more nights were opened up including La Cuisine Bourgeoise which was never offered online.

So don't give up. Even if nothing is available online now (they may already be sold out), there is still a good chance that you can book once on board. AND if La Reserve conflicts with other specialty reservations, the reservations desk will kindly move your other restaurant to another night. Good Luck!

Katie

When I go to my booking and click on the dining tab, all the choices show up, but when I click on La Reserve, all that comes up is an explanation of what the experience is all about. There’s nothing that enables one to book a reservation.

After you click on "La Reserve" in the main menu, there's a tab on the right for "Book La Reserve". Click on that & a calendar should appear with all dates & whether or not they're open. Good luck

Nope, There's no tab on the right side of the page that says Book La Reserve.

Hi Darcie,

I too am on the Nov 1 sailing and booked our La Reserve 2 days after booking the cruise back in June. There was a tab there to book but I can't see it anymore either. I would call Oceania direct if I was you. Wouldn't want to miss out on yet another great meal !!

See you onboard

Clint

Nope, There's no tab on the right side of the page that says Book La Reserve.

Typically, this will either mean that:

A) The nights that the venue will be open have not been determined as yet.

B) All the nights that have been offered are already sold out.

Common sense, based on the length of time until sailing, will usually tell you, which. :D

The Room only holds 24 passengers (maximum) per evening, so they don't hold any seating back, which was, I believe, one of your original questions in this thread.

If they are sold out and you are disappointed, it may be worth recruiting amongst your fellow passengers and contacting Oceania with a list of hopefuls when requesting that an "extra night" be scheduled, we have done that, successfully, in the past.

Are you on a GV? that may be part of the problem

best to call

This had been a problem with our reservation.

I thought they'd sorted it more generally from other reports, but...

+1: call.

Further advantage to calling is that it's the only way to book Cuisine Bourgeoise in advance.

On our Nov 1 sailing FWIW it's Nov.2, 7pm.

It could be too early to be listed yet

I believe Darcie is on a GV in Feb and /or the problem for GV still is not fixed for booking online

That's correct. Our final payment was just last week for our Feb, 2019 cruise.

But, what's a GV?

We are sailing the Marina in February and we can book La Reserve yet either. Our TA called O and was told the dates aren’t yet determined. Continue to watch the website.

What is even stranger is you can’t book Privee on line now either for our cruise! Dates are available, just can’t do it online!

Just as an update, my TA checked with O again on when La Reserve reservations would open up for our February cruise. O told her maybe around the 90 day Mark! We’ve never had them open up that late!!

I guess in reality it doesn’t matter as long as it’s before the Specialties open up, but we like putting together a group in Privee and it’s better to have your options early so to get all the planning done.

You’re more than 120 days pre cruise! How have you already booked your Specialties??

The OVO Suites, i.e. Suites above Penthouse level, go live with Specialty Reservations as soon as final payment is made.

Edited by JimandStan

... but we like putting together a group in Privee and it’s better to have your options early so to get all the planning done.

We are on Riviera Nov 1, GV.

Friends also embarking same time, 12-day single-leg only.

Privée not available on either booking online as I write.

An Oceania noob, I just figured it was no longer on.

How does it usually work?

Historically , when on the dining page for Privee, there has been a tab that reads “ Book Privee “. Hit that tab and a calendar comes up for the days it is available. One could then book their date and pay the $250 fee online easily.

For our cruise, I called Oceania. They told me, over the phone the days it was available but claimed they had no idea why the website wasn’t working. You can’t even see the calendar no less book an event!

This would be a great time for Michael Moore, but he does not seem to drop by anymore.

You’re more than 120 days pre cruise! How have you already booked your Specialties??

We will be away when final payment is due so I have already paid. Even though I could book twice in each specialty, I only booked once in each one. We are also looking forward to the main dining room, and possibly the buffet on late excursion days..

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by Heartfelttraveler