Free Gratuities?

ckb104

We booked a cruise this past March for Nov 2018 with the 'Free Gratuities and $300 airfare' promo so I doubt they have another free grats promo unless it's part of the Sept promo of '3 for free' coming up. We're waiting till next month to get the '3 for free' promo on a cruise for 2020.

It’s called “3 for free” and typically includes Free Stateroom Upgrade, Free Prepaid Gratuities and Free Onboard Credit. However, it’s not really free it’s included in the prices. It will be the only option on the princess website, but if you visit a cruise consolidator website you’ll find a lower basic price. Compare the prices and see what works for you.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Princess can have free Grats at various times on certain sailings. We got this last year and it wasn't during 3FF sale, but that is a time you can count on for widespread coverage.

3FF Sale officially begins on SEP 6. Mark your calendars. I have seen promotional ad for this year's sale.

We usually get free gratuities from our travel agent, plus whatever perks Princess is offering at the time and some extra OBC from the travel agent as well, so we don't feel the need to look for sales offering free grats.

Of course, this doesn't always work. But, we are flexible, so that helps.

It’s called “3 for free” and typically includes Free Stateroom Upgrade, Free Prepaid Gratuities and Free Onboard Credit. However, it’s not really free it’s included in the prices. It will be the only option on the princess website, but if you visit a cruise consolidator website you’ll find a lower basic price. Compare the prices and see what works for you.

I’ve added 3 for Free to many cruises we had already booked and the tips & OBC were truly “free”. With 3FF our cruise fare was the same & it simply added the benefits to our reservation.

That may not work for everyone but it has worked for all of our recent & future cruises.

What is included in the three for free?

From their 2017 press release although the benefits have varied by year & have always been available for all types of cabins but being capacity controlled not every cabin is eligible for this offer.

https://www.princess.com/news/news_releases/2017/09/Princess-Cruises-3-for-Free-Sale-Offers-the-Best-at-Sea.html

The “3 for Free” cruise sale includes:

• Free stateroom location upgrades - enabling guests to get the best preferred stateroom available within that stateroom type for the lowest possible fare

• Free onboard gratuities

• Free onboard spending money - up to $600 per stateroom

Be sure and look at the Travel Agent sites including here on Cruise Critic for offers, we got included grats from the TA that did the "sip and sail" promotion before the official Princess promotion. Good luck.

We got in on the same sale. Nice thing was is that princess hadn't raised the prices yet for the sip and sail promo. I'm looking now at the same room category with the princess sponsored sip and sail, the prices have gone up 50% and there are a LOT of empty room. Granted it's a year out, but WOW am I happy I booked when I did!

• 1 month later...