Family of 4 cabin options Royal Princess

Montana

Are you looking just for any cabin that sleeps four, or for a "family suite" multi room cabin?

The four forward-facing S4 Premium Suites have a separate sitting area with a sofa bed, and a rollaway is furnished for the fourth person.

Only other cabins on Royal Princess that sleep four are various inside, balcony and mini-suites, the latter having one sofa bed and one upper berth. But no separation between the main bed and the others.

my friends do a regular balcony room with 2 kids (11 and 9). The oldest started cruising when he was 3.

I personally would get a deluxe balcony (obstructed or not) with 2 kids, because you get a sleeper sofa. Regular balcony cabins don't have a sleeper sofa.

We travel with 1 kid (DS is 7), and I can't imagine putting him into a separate room. First, I couldn't justify paying for a separate cabin for a couple of kids. Second, Princess often runs $99 per 3/4 person in the same deals, which saves a lot of money.

we have 2 children 7 and under and cannot find a family cabin option for the Royal Princess. Any help or solutions appreciated.

We had our three under six grandchildren in a mini suite M-233 on the Regal

We were right next door in M-231. We always knew when they woke up:)

24402925028_00dfd6e780_b.jpgTheir Cabin _3147

Howard

If you go to the Princess Web site under the banner on board our ships you can locate the deck plans for the Royal. You can select cabin for 4 and you can also select connecting cabins.

Most cabins for 4 use upper berths, this includes interiors, standard and deluxe balcony. Mini suites generally have one upper berth and one on the convertible sofa. If you want all lower berths you most likely will have to book connecting cabins and pay full fares for the youth instead of 3rd and 4th occupant rates. Full suites C101 &102 may have all lower berths using a rollaway. You would have to ask Princess for specifics on these cabins. There are no family suites on the Royal Princess.

Not sure if this helps, but we are a family of 4, kids will turn 6 and 8 on our cruise next summer on the Royal. We ended up booking two connecting insides. It wasn't too much more than putting all 4 of us in one inside and gave us more space and a second bathroom. Plus, my youngest likes to go to bed really early (7pm) and in darkness. Having two rooms will mean that the adult on duty (we plan on taking turns staying in the room when the kids are in bed) can still read, watch tv, etc and not bother the kiddos. Originally we really wanted a balcony but they are currently double the inside price. We are actually doing a 1 nighter next month, in a quad OV room, for their first cruise, to see how they do in the bunk beds and how cramped it feels with them in there, in case the price on the balconies drops a lot.

Having two rooms will mean that the adult on duty (we plan on taking turns staying in the room when the kids are in bed) can still read, watch tv, etc and not bother the kiddos.
we are very lucky in that regard: once DS is asleep, we can watch TV or read, have full lights on and a conversation on and he doesn't wake up.

The cruises I want for Thanksgiving don't have any inside rooms for 3-4 people available. Only balconies. I've started looking/pricing daily and they haven't become available at all. I hope it changes after the final payment day.

Thanksgiving is a more peak time. You may not find what you want.

You may want to either ask Princess or your travel agent about the pros and cons of waitlisting. That may be a better bet than just checking regularly.

Im speculating here: People often post on these boards about upgrades and upsells. If Princess knows there is demand for Insides, they may upgrade or upsell a prior booking then open up a cabin for you.

If they don't know that there is demand (ie no waitlist) they might be less inclined to "create space".

Thanksgiving is a more peak time. You may not find what you want.

You may want to either ask Princess or your travel agent about the pros and cons of waitlisting. That may be a better bet than just checking regularly.

Im speculating here: People often post on these boards about upgrades and upsells. If Princess knows there is demand for Insides, they may upgrade or upsell a prior booking then open up a cabin for you.

If they don't know that there is demand (ie no waitlist) they might be less inclined to "create space".

thank you.

I don't think it's truly sold out, but rather given to travel agencies, as I've read on this board. The cabins will come back "home" after the final payment date (which should be in 2 weeks).

I do find it rather strange, that both Thanksgiving cruises' inside cabins have been "sold out" since January. Last year I had no problem purchasing an inside cabin for 3 in the middle of July. There were plenty left. I think Princess is hoarding the inside cabins, hoping to first sell the balcony rooms.

With two children under 7, I'd look at booking a mini suite and let the two sleep on the pull-out sofa.

The sofas used to be queen beds but lately they are twin beds. On cabins for 4, there is a bunk above that.

Though you are right, with kids that young, they can share a twin bed if they want.