Lobster on 5 day cruises.

Sometimes I wonder if I'm the only one who doesn't like lobster. I mean I am the only one in my house who doesn't like it. Does this make me part of the target group for short cruises?

I'm with you, I don't care for it and don't get it when when it is offered. I think some get it as a status thing. I'd rather a good steak most nights, but sometimes a nice salad will do.

I'm with you, I don't care for it and don't get it when when it is offered. I think some get it as a status thing. I'd rather a good steak most nights, but sometimes a nice salad will do.

My friends there is nothing “status” about the best way to enjoy lobster. Go up to Maine, find a working lobster pier, sit at a picnic bench with plastic utensils & byob beer while they steam a beautiful just caught crustacean and serve it with drawn butter. Best not to be in good clothes cuz this is gonna be messy. Ahhh, nothing better!

Frozen lobster tails are like comparing filet mignon to a burger.

I sailed on Brillance Feb 2017 and our waiter said there was no more lobster on cruises 5 days or less. Sailing on a 5 day on Majesty in Dec 2018. Does anyone know if this is still true?

I was on Vision of the Seas 5 nights, November 2017 and they don't have it.

My friends there is nothing “status” about the best way to enjoy lobster. Go up to Maine, find a working lobster pier, sit at a picnic bench with plastic utensils & byob beer while they steam a beautiful just caught crustacean and serve it with drawn butter. Best not to be in good clothes cuz this is gonna be messy. Ahhh, nothing better!

Absolutely....as a native Mainer, I agree that this is the way to go...mouth waters at the thought. Last year on a cruise, I paid a premium for what was called Maine lobster. Big problem: it was definitely not Maine lobster, which was clearly visible just looking at it. I called foul, got lots of attention from my waiter, the hostess, the maitre d'...I suggested they ask the chef, and sure enough it was New Zealand lobster. Sent it back, of course, and they were all lovely about it. Worked out just fine, but beware of lobster in New Zealand clothing!

I would rather have a burger than a filet mignon.

Now a rib eye or ny strip that's a different story!!

I also would rather have crab over lobster and I've have fresh lobster many times.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Well said!! Not status for me either!! Definitely need to get up to Maine soon!!;p:cool::*