What to expect re: the Sky Class Experience On RCL?

I have read all I could find on the topic below, but I do not yet have a good grasp of what to expect with the Sky Class on our upcoming Allure cruise and would really appreciate some help! One of the biggest areas of concern is reservations - so many of the best times for reservations are apparently held back until cruising and so I have been concerned about getting times that we really need.

1. What exactly does “priority” look like when it comes to dining reservations (including on the open type) - does walking up take a short time, shorter time, or “just get in line” when in sky class in a larger ship?

2. Will we be able to get most reservations made at good (held back) times through the TV scheduling system or will we need to actually go to the suite’s concierge in person with a list of preferred reservations (the latter doesn’t sound like much fun)?

3. I understand that we will get a letter a week or two before we sail with a concierge name and number - can we deal with all/most issues via that line (pillows, reservations, refrigerator orders/preferences) or only some?

I have hesitated to post this before as I worry that questions I have might seen rude when written out, but our need really isn’t to put us in front of others but rather to figure out what to expect so we can plan accordingly. We most often sail on Norwegian in the Haven and I know exactly what to expect there (e.g., when we dine freestyle we show up and we usually get seated immediately in lovely locations) . The consierge usually has fewer passengers to deal with than the Allure will have so I don’t know if the responsiveness will be the same.

If I can easily get reasonably timed reservations via the tv console it will save a lot of time and if in sky class it really won’t matter anyway because we will be seated quickly at any time I can stop worrying entirely about scheduling things out for each day (I’m a planner LOL). But for now, I am not sure about any of it!. :o

Thanks for any help you can offer! :D

There will be a line for suite guests at the dining room which will normally move faster than the other lines.

Other than the comedy venue, you don't need show reservations. You can walk in as soon as the venue is open. I'd try to make comedy show reservations now using the Cruise Planner on Royal's website. Failing that, try with the concierge once onboard.

There will be a line for suite guests at the dining room which will normally move faster than the other lines.

Other than the comedy venue, you don't need show reservations. You can walk in as soon as the venue is open. I'd try to make comedy show reservations now using the Cruise Planner on Royal's website. Failing that, try with the concierge once onboard.

Hi! Thank you for your reply :) We tried for the comedy club but there were only reservations for the 11pm shows (or late ones). We like our sleep so those won’t work :') We booked this sailing late and so past the usual window where reservations open (we had one on NCL for Jan but we found we could fit one in during the fall too). I just don’t want to worry up to the point of our cruise, that would ruin half the fun of it for me.

In my first suite the week before the cruise i emailed the concierge with all our reservations i wasn't able to make before hand. Example i had bought the ultimate dinning package. So the concierge made all our specialty reservations for us.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Your concierge will email you one week before the cruise. You can email them back your preferred reservations for Coastal Kitchen and specialty restaurants (I can’t comment on main dining room as we never ate there). Easy as pie. As far as the comedy club, they can most likely get you reservations (again, I cannot be sure as we were able to get reservations ahead of time).

They can also book appointments at the spa, or port excursions through the ship. Just talk to them when you visit the suite lounge ( which of course you should).