Vegan on Solstice ... new! Oceanview Cafe

cruisestitch

This is the first time they have tried these vegan stations. Corrections will be made, I’m told.

Especially when someone like me, a/k/a Vegan Police, boards... LOL

Thank you again for spending a portion of your sailing mollifying some of us with serious food on the brain while sailing!

We owe you... have a drink on us and when we sail together please remind me that I owe you a bottle of Moet... for these postings.

bon appetite and bon voyage

Thanks Cruisestitch! Though I’m not vegan, I usually have at least one vegan meal per day, and it’s not unusual for me to go weeks eating only vegan or vegetarian meals. I think the Vegan Station in OVC is a wonderful idea, and I hope Celebrity expands it to all ships, for both lunch and dinner.

I don’t believe that having a Vegan Station “takes away” anything from non-vegans. As others have said, the Vegan Station is available to everyone, and judging by those photos, plenty of non-vegans must have tried the dishes. Should I find a Vegan Station on my next cruise, I’ll definitely try some vegan dishes. They look quite tasty. I just hope Bo and the other vegans won’t mind sharing;p

Thanks Cruisestitch! Though I’m not vegan, I usually have at least one vegan meal per day, and it’s not unusual for me to go weeks eating only vegan or vegetarian meals. I think the Vegan Station in OVC is a wonderful idea, and I hope Celebrity expands it to all ships, for both lunch and dinner.

I don’t believe that having a Vegan Station “takes away” anything from non-vegans. As others have said, the Vegan Station is available to everyone, and judging by those photos, plenty of non-vegans must have tried the dishes. Should I find a Vegan Station on my next cruise, I’ll definitely try some vegan dishes. They look quite tasty. I just hope Bo and the other vegans won’t mind sharing;p

LOL s - of course we do not mind sharing!

Maybe, in not tooooo long future, we can have 'Vegan Monday's' in X's fleet????

Just a thought and I will not push for it to happen.... :D

Thanks all and bon voyage

Thank you for the pictures.

Wow, those spelling and grammatical errors are almost cringe-worthy! :D:D:D (in the pics, not someone's comments!)

(just kidding around and not meant in a mean-spirited way :) )

I can forgive the mis-spellings, especially when spoken English can be difficult enough for many Team Members aboard... and some passengers as well :) (writer of this included from time to time as well)...

cruisestitch:

Thank you very much for posting.

Do you know whether one could ask for the same items in the dining room for dinner?

Not a sure thing, yet if requested 24 hours in advance on ships where these items make a regular appearance, you most likely could get them in the MDR for dinner.

bon voyage

While most of these look good....the description of one dish as "Grilled Charcoal" didn't sound so appetizing!

I think the signs, despite some flipped words and misspelled words, managed to communicate the contents of the displays quite well. Even if the kitchen staff hasn’t the grasp of the finer points of English that Guest Relations staff have, they managed to communicate effectively. I imagine that once this concept passes the test phase, successful dishes will be kept, and grammatically correct signs will be created.

I'm not sure I agree. The Oceanview Cafe is fairly well organized and utilized, space cannot be created. Something has been eliminated. Adding sections for small groups takes away choices for the large majority of cruisers. Maybe the people who need or want glue free, vegan, etc should follow Bo's advice and simply request a day early.

It is ridiculous to think you or the "large majority" will not like something just because it does not contain meat products. There are many duplicates and I am sure there are many items you don't like to eat already on the buffet. There is no such thing as food that the "large majority" like. I am not a vegan, I am a dedicated carnivore but that does not mean I don't like dishes without animal products in them. I do support the largest variety of option possible. Open your mind to many options and I promise life will be more fulfilling.

My guess is that you really don't feel the way you come across and you are only trying to get a rise out of others here.

I'm not sure I agree. The Oceanview Cafe is fairly well organized and utilized, space cannot be created. Something has been eliminated. Adding sections for small groups takes away choices for the large majority of cruisers. Maybe the people who need or want glue free, vegan, etc should follow Bo's advice and simply request a day early.
It is ridiculous to think you or the "large majority" will not like something just because it does not contain meat products. There are many duplicates and I am sure there are many items you don't like to eat already on the buffet. There is no such thing as food that the "large majority" like. I am not a vegan, I am a dedicated carnivore but that does not mean I don't like dishes without animal products in them. I do support the largest variety of options possible. Open your mind to many options and I promise life will be more fulfilling.

My guess is that you really don't feel the way you come across and you are only trying to get a rise out of others here.

.... Open your mind to many options and I promise life will be more fulfilling...

Thanks for concern, but my mind is wide open and my life is very fulfilling. Celebrity is not going to add cost and add stations. If this ever proceeds past the experimental stage of a rogue chef, something will be eliminated. We don’t need the desires of another fringe group eliminating options for the vast majority. We really don’t need a section that is almost as good as conventional selections.

Thanks for concern, but my mind is wide open and my life is very fulfilling. Celebrity is not going to add cost and add stations. If this ever proceeds past the experimental stage of a rogue chef, something will be eliminated. We don’t need the desires of another fringe group eliminating options for the vast majority. We really don’t need a section that is almost as good as conventional selections.

LOL, dare I advance, not 'almost' yet far better in many ways... then again, my opinion and experience has pointed this out.

bon voyage

No options were eliminated. New options were added, just as options for Indian foods and British foods were added at breakfast. I don’t know how else to explain it.

I understand nothing was eliminated in this vegan experiment. What you need to understand is that Celebrity is that is not going to add cost and items will be eliminated if this fringe concept were expanded to more ships.

LOL, after being vegan for the last 15 years, my eating requirements is considered 'fringe'??? Most of the world eats mainly vegan, many by choice and others not.

I accept the fact that many choose to eat differently, does that mean the 'majority' of vegans/vegetarians in the world need be ignored just because some of us do not know or can appreciate 'different' eating habits/desires?

And, what has been so deftly pointed out, nothing has been replaced or taken away from the buffet, consolidated but not taken away. Not sure the reason people choose to fight this, then again???

Soon I will be on The Summit and ask if they will start a 'vegan' section there too...

Thank you again C for your input and follow up on this.... much appreciated, to be sure, by me.

Thank you for your input, regardless....