Crazy crazy prices !

lovescarborough

Prices overall have gone up a lot since, let's say, 5 years ago. Prices will also stay up as long as there are people willing to pay the asked amount for it. Edge is a complete no-no it seems for the incoming few years, ridiculous prices imo. I also have a couple of cruise certificates that need to be used before 2019 with NCL, but I can't seem to find any suitable cruise with a price I'm willing to pay. :)

I'm in exactly the same position, Have a cruise reward voucher to use before March 2020. At the moment I can't find anything that's within our budget for a decent itinerary and ship! Even foregoing the voucher the prices for cruises seem to be ridiculous now. Maybe our cruising years will have to come to an end to be replaced by land vacations! :(

I am going to start a head to head comparison of X with RSSC and Oceania as we want to get an idea about what it costs for the inclusive vs adding it all in

Including bev package, airfare (biz), land tours, tips etc... we are now wondering whether on port intensive/more "exotic" sailings IF RSSC would be the way to go.

AND how does it compare to what folks are paying for "suites/Luminae...as the staterooms on RSS are Much larger.

Has anyone done a head to head on this? link?

I am going to start a head to head comparison of X with RSSC and Oceania as we want to get an idea about what it costs for the inclusive vs adding it all in

Including bev package, airfare (biz), land tours, tips etc... we are now wondering whether on port intensive/more "exotic" sailings IF RSSC would be the way to go.

AND how does it compare to what folks are paying for "suites/Luminae...as the staterooms on RSS are Much larger.

Has anyone done a head to head on this? link?

I'm not sure there is such a thing as a generic head to head that can be carried out. It seems to vary enormously based on the itinerary, time of year and how booked up each sailing is. My only conclusions from looking at RSSC and X was that for the specific time and area I was interested in it made economic sense to opt for RSSC this time and that in future I am going to look at all alternatives including those that I , perhaps naively, had assumed would be too expensive.

I'm not sure there is such a thing as a generic head to head that can be carried out. It seems to vary enormously based on the itinerary, time of year and how booked up each sailing is. My only conclusions from looking at RSSC and X was that for the specific time and area I was interested in it made economic sense to opt for RSSC this time and that in future I am going to look at all alternatives including those that I , perhaps naively, had assumed would be too expensive.

THIS is exactly our feeling as well...that we assumed RSSC, Oceania or Crystal etc would be too expensive and didn't consider how gratuities/excursions/Bev/specialty dining etc all add up. Perhaps a lux all inclusive is the way to go. Looking at some similar itineraries. I wish X would publish their all of their 2020s...

All of our sailings over the past few years have been at capacity with no price reductions seen.

Apparently, many, many others do not think the product is 'overpriced', otherwise what is the reason to book when there are so many other options (read: cheaper) than X?

Not only Americans, this also includes Europeans and Asians aboard whose currency is not faring well against the $ often times. Some must see and believe in the value, do you not think?

Also, I keep waiting to read what one considers to be the price point where there is value and not only 'it is overpriced', what does that really mean with the exception it costs more than one is willing to pay? Well, what is the price one is willing to pay on any particular sailing? Such a broad brush to be sure.

For example, it has been decided in My household that on our inaugural sailing on The Edge in Nov 2019, anything above an IB is more than what we want to pay unless there is a drastic price adjustment or there is a decent lottery win, in which case the Iconic Suite may be in order.

bon voyage

What I'm willing to pay is what I perceive the real value is to me, not just the dollar amount. Even if I would win the lottery, that wouldn't change my perception of the true value, so I wouldn't book, even at the current pricing.

What I'm willing to pay is what I perceive the real value is to me, not just the dollar amount. Even if I would win the lottery, that wouldn't change my perception of the true value, so I wouldn't book, even at the current pricing.

I agree in principle with your statement, as an individual purchaser of goods and services... each of our perception of true value is different and I choose not to apply it to others (my perception of value), across the board.

bon voyage

Who is going to pay these crazy prices?

You can say that again! I need a cruise to help cope with the depressing prices!

15 nights on Celebrity Millennium... Vancouver to Tokyo on 14 September $835pp

14 nights on Celebrity Millennium... round trip Tokyo on 30 September $828pp

16 nights on Celebrity Eclipse... Barcelona to Buenos Aires on 23 November $749pp :D

14 nights on Celebrity Eclipse... Round trip Buenos Aires on 9 December $706pp :cool:

Am I the ONLY person seeing this glass as way more than half FULL? :confused:

15 nights on Celebrity Millennium... Vancouver to Tokyo on 14 September $835pp

14 nights on Celebrity Millennium... round trip Tokyo on 30 September $828pp

16 nights on Celebrity Eclipse... Barcelona to Buenos Aires on 23 November $749pp :D

14 nights on Celebrity Eclipse... Round trip Buenos Aires on 9 December $706pp :cool:

Am I the ONLY person seeing this glass as way more than half FULL? :confused:

There you go again. Listing cruises that most people can't take that require a more expensive flight. We know there are deals out there if it's where you want to go, when you can go and in a cabin you like. You do this every time. No one is impressed as we can all read the "exciting deals".

There you go again. Listing cruises that most people can't take that require a more expensive flight. We know there are deals out there if it's where you want to go, when you can go and in a cabin you like. You do this every time. No one is impressed as we can all read the "exciting deals".
I agree, Most everyone knows about these great "looking" cruise deals on every line. They also know they are offpeak, short notice, and the airfare is a killer. There's a reason the pricesa are low and it isn't because airfare isn't $199 round trip but more like $1199 round trip per .......

I agree, Most everyone knows about these great "looking" cruise deals on every line. They also know they are offpeak, short notice, and the airfare is a killer. There's a reason the pricesa are low and it isn't because airfare isn't $199 round trip but more like $1199 round trip per .......

And for the most part, inside cabins.

As Celebrity's prices have ascended, we have seized the opportunity to wean ourselves away from X at least a bit. Even though we are paying more, the quality of a Regent cruise is so much better, that the extra cost is justified . It's not as much as you'd think. Today we booked a PH on an Oceania ship, We've never been on that line before and we've never booked a PH on any Celebrity vessel. and only once on Princess. So, in a sense Celebrity has opened new worlds for us and we appreciate that :)

There's a crazy cheap price on the Jan 3 2019 world cruise from Chennai (Madras), India to Langkawi, Malaysia.

436 nights on the classy Queen Mary 2 of premium line Cunard at just $47 per day, including port fees and taxes.

Even cheaper through an online TA, who may either give a discount of up to 10% or equivalent OBC.

As Celebrity's prices have ascended, we have seized the opportunity to wean ourselves away from X at least a bit. Even though we are paying more, the quality of a Regent cruise is so much better, that the extra cost is justified . It's not as much as you'd think. Today we booked a PH on an Oceania ship, We've never been on that line before and we've never booked a PH on any Celebrity vessel. and only once on Princess. So, in a sense Celebrity has opened new worlds for us and we appreciate that :)

You seriously don’t think a PH on Oceania and a PH on Celebrity are one in the same? We’ve stayed in a PH on the Oceania Reviera and it’s probably smaller than any S1 or S2 on Celebrity but the Specialty Restaurants are outstanding.

In the PH on Oceania there is a small table at the foot of the bed that you can have room service delivered from all restaurants so that is a plus, we never did however.

Enjoy you cruise, but it is not a Celebrity PH.

There's a crazy cheap price on the Jan 3 2019 world cruise from Chennai (Madras), India to Langkawi, Malaysia.

436 nights on the classy Queen Mary 2 of premium line Cunard at just $47 per day, including port fees and taxes.

Even cheaper through an online TA, who may either give a discount of up to 10% or equivalent OBC.

I'm not sure I'd get 436 nights off work :D

Joking aside, on that Cruise it's only 3 days at sea from Langkawi to Chennai. It seems an unuasual leg of a cruise to book (if you can) I would have thought the bookable leg was Singapore to Dubai. Even at $47 I can't see many people wanting to fly a long way for 3 days at sea between Langkawi and Chennau - neither of which are really bucket list destinations. If it's $47 a day Singapore to Dubai that is excellent value and many will be interested in that.

I'm not sure I'd get 436 nights off work :D

Joking aside, on that Cruise it's only 3 days at sea from Langkawi to Chennai. It seems an unuasual leg of a cruise to book (if you can) I would have thought the bookable leg was Singapore to Dubai. Even at $47 I can't see many people wanting to fly a long way for 3 days at sea between Langkawi and Chennau - neither of which are really bucket list destinations. If it's $47 a day Singapore to Dubai that is excellent value and many will be interested in that.

Yes, I think it's a mistake

Then how come the extra long cruises of over 100 nights sell out so fast, even though they are crazy expensive?

Price is a reflection of demand AND supply. The supply of 100+ night cruises is extremely limited. For the relatively few folks who can take that much time away from home, there's a limited supply of opportunities to do so, so they draw a higher price.

You seriously don’t think a PH on Oceania and a PH on Celebrity are one in the same? We’ve stayed in a PH on the Oceania Reviera and it’s probably smaller than any S1 or S2 on Celebrity but the Specialty Restaurants are outstanding.

Of course I don't . The Celebrity PH we have visited was the size of a small house. Perhaps I should have said CS but the point I was making is that we are moving on. Thanks, Celebrity

Price is a reflection of demand AND supply. The supply of 100+ night cruises is extremely limited. For the relatively few folks who can take that much time away from home, there's a limited supply of opportunities to do so, so they draw a higher price.

I can take that much time from home, yet I Am not sure if they will permit me to pay per segment as we reach them as I would have to work a lot of OT from the ship to pay for it that way! LOL

bon voyage

How do you think.. Is 4970$ (in Aqua for 2 persons, classic bev.package and 700 obc) the adequate price for the 14 days cruise? I see the inside cabin is twice as less and usual veranda is about 1000$ less (with no perks)..

How do you think.. Is 4970$ (in Aqua for 2 persons, classic bev.package and 700 obc) the adequate price for the 14 days cruise? I see the inside cabin is twice as less and usual veranda is about 1000$ less (with no perks)..

Where to? Med has been running much higher costs this year. Transatlantic Crossings / Seasonal 1 way cruises are often good value but with fewer perks included in the price

Where to? Med has been running much higher costs this year. Transatlantic Crossings / Seasonal 1 way cruises are often good value but with fewer perks included in the price

Southern Caribbean on Refrection.. I see on website that the prices for AC are higher (without perks), but is this normal situation..