Suite Guaranty

dingy

Just booked a cruise on the Reflection 4/12. Sort of last minute. They offered something that I took. A guaranty of a suite for a little less than the cost of the least expensive suite. I'm locked into some kind of a suite , probably the cheapest but I get whatever is available. So, they say that it could any suite depending on what's available.

1. has anyone done this? How did it turn our? Is it a "sweet" guaranty or not so much?

2. When are you advised of your suite assignment? When you arrive for boarding or earlier ?

Comments?

Thanks

Dingy

We've only done it once and lucked into an S1 corner suite - awesome! It pretty much is luck of the draw. Many people end up with the handicapped suites if they don't sell out. Most are happy with them as they are a bit larger - only downside is the water running out of the shower a bit onto the bathroom floor as there is no lip to catch it. On the cruise in question, one of the cruisers on our Roll Call ended up with a Celebrity Suite. May or may not have been a coincidence (I am betting on the latter) that they were a first time Celebrity cruiser. But I have no complaints about where I landed. Look at where all the suites are located (even ones currently occupied as it can change) and decide if the worst one is ok with you. If so, go for it. I for one would definitely do it again if the price were right. So many nice perks for suites and in our case, it was just $100 more pp than the CC room we had. Well worth it.

Hi

There seems to be quite alot of suites left on your cruise, even though you have less than 1 month until sailing. It is very much luck of the draw.

We also booked a suite guarantee. At the time there were only 6 suites left, so I could see what the options could be. I guess it was our lucky day, as we were allocated a Royal Suite a week after booking, which was about 6 weeks from the departure of the cruise. We are now just over 4 weeks from the start of the cruise, and counting the days!!!

Just booked a cruise on the Reflection 4/12. Sort of last minute. They offered something that I took. A guaranty of a suite for a little less than the cost of the least expensive suite. I'm locked into some kind of a suite , probably the cheapest but I get whatever is available. So, they say that it could any suite depending on what's available.

1. has anyone done this? How did it turn our? Is it a "sweet" guaranty or not so much?

2. When are you advised of your suite assignment? When you arrive for boarding or earlier ?

Comments?

Thanks

Dingy

We did this on a sailing in January on Reflection. Were assigned an S2 under the buffet a few days after the booking. Not really happy about being under the buffet. We requested a complimentary upgrade since we are almost 2X Zenith. Celebrity said "NO". We ended up paying extra and ended up in a Celebrity suite. Don't expect anything better than an S2. Celebrity normally assigns the cabin very quickly so that they can keep track of the available cabins.

We did this on the Solstice a couple of years ago and got a handicapped suite. Yes, it's bigger (2x a normal cabin vs. 1.5x for the regular S2 categories). But I had a MAJOR issue in that the door doesn't deadbolt from the inside. So someone (with a key) can always come into your room. I sort of get why they do this, but they should be able to enable the deadbolt for non-handicapped passengers. We jumped up and down and screamed quite a bit (this was shortly after a colleague of mine woke up in the middle of the night at the Wynn Las Vegas and someone was unexpectedly in his room). On the second day they were able to move us to a regular S2, in the back IIRC, as someone didn't show up.

Comments?

Thanks

Dingy

Hope everything works out great for you. Come back to us and let us know your assignment. Take good care of the Reflection!! sailing on her this summer!:):)

Just received suite designation. Sky Suite 2221, as aft as aft can be. Panoramic views but a trek to the elevators which doesn't bother us. Anyone familiar with this? Negatives? Deck 12. Reflection.

Just received suite designation. Sky Suite 2221, as aft as aft can be. Panoramic views but a trek to the elevators which doesn't bother us. Anyone familiar with this? Negatives? Deck 12. Reflection.

Well the good news is that it doesn't have a connecting door to another cabin and it's as private as an aft cabin can be, but you may hear some noise from the Oceanview Cafe outdoor seating above.

For just a couple hundred more (for both of us) on a 2 week cruise, we changed our CC cabin for a suite gty on the Equinox, and were immediately assigned a sky suite under the cafe. I was not a happy camper, but figured "ya pay yer money and ya take yer chances". It was still a good price.

A week later I pulled up the booking to print paperwork and noticed we had been upgraded to a celebrity suite. We didn't ask, and we weren't informed, so I called my TA to check it out. She assured us that yes, we were indeed in a Celebrity suite. It was phenomenal! And it cost the same as what an AQ was going to cost when we first booked.

We booked our first celebrity cruise on Reflection last June. We upgraded from Conceirge to a Suite GTY, noticed price drop after final payment. Never seen a Suite GTY available before they don't seem to offer these in the UK as frequently as they do in the US.

Our cabin was allocated about 3/4 days after we'd paid to upgrade. We were allocated an Aqua Suite and we absolutely loved it.

We also enjoyed the 2 free speciality meals, 10 night sailing, which was offered to suite guests a real added benefit.

I don't understand people who book a "guarantee" rate, get assigned a room, and then complain that they aren't happy with it because of location, room size, the shower, etc. and then expect Celebrity to do better for them. That is the whole POINT of booking this type of accomodation. You are paying a reduced rate and are agreeing basically to be placed wherever the cruise line sees fit.

If there are rooms that you know would make you unhappy if they were assigned to you, then pay full fare and have your pick of whatever room you'd like!

I

Is the OV Cafe a late night spot? Only time noise would be an issue for us. Thanks for the reply.

Congratulations. IMO you did well. No the OV Cafe is not a night spot. The bar is one more deck up. You might hear some chairs moving around in the morning. You can check the sticky above for comments about the aft cabins. I really enjoy aft cabins.

You can move to any other opened S2 cabin if you would prefer to in another location, but if it was my booking I would stay there.

Enjoy your cruise.

I don't understand people who book a "guarantee" rate, get assigned a room, and then complain that they aren't happy with it because of location, room size, the shower, etc. and then expect Celebrity to do better for them. That is the whole POINT of booking this type of accomodation. You are paying a reduced rate and are agreeing basically to be placed wherever the cruise line sees fit.

If there are rooms that you know would make you unhappy if they were assigned to you, then pay full fare and have your pick of whatever room you'd like!

I

Agree 100%. That is the whole idea -pay less and accept the risk. End of story. Don't want the risk, pay the regular rate.

• 4 years later...

I

I think this is because many of us don’t cruise as often as you do and don’t understand what GTY means. I even just posted asking for some help understanding what I’ve booked by getting a GTY.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This post goes back to 2014

Celebrity no longer offer suite guarantees

Maybe they will after the Edge sails half full

I am sorry but the ship [Edge] just looks so

Tacky

Hi there, are you sure? And if so, when did Celebrity stop offering Suite guarantees? I ask because we bought one in January of this year on an October Constellation cruise. We had a cabin assigned not long after reserving the GTY suite. I don't often see them, but that was all that was available in the Sky Suite category at the time we reserved (and suites have been shown as sold out on our sailing for several months now).

Tom & Judy

Celebrity no longer offer suite guarantees

Maybe they will after the Edge sails half full

I am sorry but the ship [Edge] just looks so

Tacky

Yes, they do! I almost grabbed one yesterday. Today it's gone. If you see one, book it. Don't wait.

I think this is because many of us don’t cruise as often as you do and don’t understand what GTY means. I even just posted asking for some help understanding what I’ve booked by getting a GTY.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

And that’s one of the advantages of booking a cruise through a good travel agent, who would explain to you just what a GTY means and the risks associated with booking one.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Celebrity no longer offer suite guarantees.........

Why do you say that Celebrity no longer offers suite guarantees?

I was just looking at a number of suite guarantees on various Celebrity cruises a few hours ago.

We were in cabin 2148 on the Equinox and there was no issue with the Sunset Bar above. Once in a while we heard some chairs being moved around but never really early or late. We actually loved the cabin.

They certainly still offer Gty we have one on Solstice

1 October. When we started looking they had 10 suites left by the time we decided to book 3 left. That was 3 weeks ago now understandable all sold.:cool::cool: