Aldi power board

Went to Aldi today and it seems these were very popular. All gone.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Cessnock store has heeps;p

It seems specials last much longer at se stores so if you have other Aldi’s Near you it’s worth a look

That's an interesting one, however I still like the Aldi one best as it also has standard sockets and my stupid camera battery charger plugs into a socket not a USB port.

OzKiwiJJ, the Amazon one has a standard socket as well which we will use for our cameras and my kindle. But other electronics we'll use the USB ports.

Leigh

OzKiwiJJ, the Amazon one has a standard socket as well which we will use for our cameras and my kindle. But other electronics we'll use the USB ports.

Leigh

The one downside you may find with the Amazon one is if the power point is in an awkward place. It looks like it's quite a bulky unit so could be tricky at times.

We switched to using a powerboard, rather than just individual adaptors, on a long UK trip we did a few years ago. We stayed at at 30 different places of accommodation during that trip and some of those had some seriously awkward power points. That's why I like the Aldi one so much, the adaptor is at the end of a short cable so it can plug into those awkward power points but the cable is long enough that the sockets and USB ports part can be put somewhere that is easy to use.

Possum52, I have an (older - similar) version of this adaptor (bought by my dad in the 80's) and we find that often when using the European 2 pin plug we need to support the adaptor with a tissue box/bin when you add an Aussie 2/3 pin connector(it falls out of the wall). Just something to be aware of.

Bought the Aldi one to add to our collection.

Cessnock store has heeps;p

It seems specials last much longer at se stores so if you have other Aldi’s Near you it’s worth a look

Thanks but I was one of the crazy ones whom got to my local store before 9am and grabbed one.

Possum52, I have an (older - similar) version of this adaptor (bought by my dad in the 80's) and we find that often when using the European 2 pin plug we need to support the adaptor with a tissue box/bin when you add an Aussie 2/3 pin connector(it falls out of the wall). Just something to be aware of.

Bought the Aldi one to add to our collection.

Thanks for the advice vada. We will mainly use the US plug so hope it will be ok. We will mainly use the USB ports.

Leigh

Thanks but I was one of the crazy ones whom got to my local store before 9am and grabbed one.

When we bought ours I had to go to two Aldis to get one, and even then I got one of the last at the second store.

This time we dropped into our local Aldi on Monday and there were heaps of them so I bought another as a spare.

Anyone purchased the noise cancelling headphones? Are they any good? I know $40 is pretty cheap, but a bargain is only good value if it works well, any thoughts, I'm tempted but......

Anyone purchased the noise cancelling headphones? Are they any good? I know $40 is pretty cheap, but a bargain is only good value if it works well, any thoughts, I'm tempted but......

Yes, they are reasonable. They do reduce the background noise considerably. They are fairly comfortable too. Very good value for $40.

When we bought ours I had to go to two Aldis to get one, and even then I got one of the last at the second store.

This time we dropped into our local Aldi on Monday and there were heaps of them so I bought another as a spare.

Yeah I’ve got two, I use one at home with Aussie plug.

Yes, they are reasonable. They do reduce the background noise considerably. They are fairly comfortable too. Very good value for $40.

We have a set and it works well, ours are a few years old now but I am assuming they are the same type.:D

I've got a set of the older version of the noise cancelling headphone and they are very good. Purchased 2 sets of the new version and hope they are just as good. Love that they look like the Bose headphones at $245 plus and they come in a very small hard carry case. My dad said $40 was well worth the money if they worked on cancelling me out......

I've got a set of the older version of the noise cancelling headphone and they are very good. Purchased 2 sets of the new version and hope they are just as good. Love that they look like the Bose headphones at $245 plus and they come in a very small hard carry case. My dad said $40 was well worth the money if they worked on cancelling me out......

LOL, I wish they would cancel all noise, I could wear them at work and cancel out the boss's requests.

• 1 year later...
6 hours ago, banzaii said:

Just noticed these are up for sale again next week.

I am wondering if anyone has had any problems more recently - either with the cruise lines or with the unit itself?

I’ve taken them on numerous cruises, but had to keep getting it replaced as the USB ports stopped working in short time.

On 7/4/2018 at 4:32 PM, vada_9 said:

We have found the same problem. The multi-country adaptor is so heavy, it slips out of the socket unless it is supported. We have a US-Aus adaptor because that is what we have to use most.

10 hours ago, banzaii said:

Just noticed these are up for sale again next week.

I am wondering if anyone has had any problems more recently - either with the cruise lines or with the unit itself?

I've used one for several years without a problem until on a recent holiday the USB outlets stopped working and I lost one of the plugs. I have a new one now and so far so good.