Carnival Spirit foggy arrival in to Sydney this morning - 5 July 2018

Carnival Spirit had a foggy arrival in to Sydney this morning!

quaywest_webcam05072018.jpg

quaywest_webcam0507201802.jpg

quaywest_webcam0507201804.jpg

Apparently she had to wait in Sydney Harbour for half an hour before she could dock and also upset the local residents with her fog horn ;p :eek:

Also if you are in Australia you might have seen her on the news. :)

Carnival Spirit had a foggy arrival in to Sydney this morning!

Apparently she had to wait in Sydney Harbour for half an hour before she could dock and also upset the local residents with her fog horn ;p :eek:

Also if you are in Australia you might have seen her on the news. :)

Various news services on the net are reporting many complaints from Eastern Suburbs residents over them being woken by the fog horn being blown every 2mins (regulation apparently). :D:D

Various news services on the net are reporting many complaints from Eastern Suburbs residents over them being woken by the fog horn being blown every 2mins (regulation apparently). :D:D

I can imagine. Having been stuck on a Celebrity ship in a 24 hour pea souper, it gets monotonously noisy. (Though there were about 21 ships stuck in there at the time.) The horns are continuous and loud - though we were all stationary.

Yes .... was woken by the Spirit this morning [emoji12]can’t say I was too disappointed as I’m excited to be sailing on her for the first time in 11 days.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes .... was woken by the Spirit this morning [emoji12]can’t say I was too disappointed as I’m excited to be sailing on her for the first time in 11 days.

I wouldn't mind either. Must be horrible living that close to Sydney Harbour![emoji16]

Cheers

Thanks Stu, she was a little delayed which affected the debark and subsequent embarkation. It probably held us up (we were boarding for a 3 night sampler) for around 15 minutes more than usual so wasn't too bad.

I was somewhat surprised at how good the Spirit is especially after many derogatory comments about her. I would certainly cruise Carnival again.:D