Denali Dollars

When we booked our Alaskan Land & Sea cruise back in April they had a promo where we would get $100 in Denali Dollars to spend on the land portion of the trip. Now that I look through all of the paperwork, it doesn't mention it anywhere. Did anyone else book during this promo? Can you see the details or at least a mention of the promo on your paperwork?

I called HAL today and was told it was not on my account. I was advised to talk to my travel agent which I did. I was told that I lost the Denali Dollars when we switched from an inside to an oceanview room. After the 75 day pay in full date passed, the room prices dropped. The inside room was $211 per person cheaper than we when booked. I asked my agent to contact HAL. I would rather have stayed in my inside cabin and received OBC for the $422 price drop and kept my Denali Dollars. Instead we were upgraded to an oceanview guarantee room for the same price with no Denali $. I wasn't told that until today. I'm not happy. I called HAL but they can't talk to me about it, only my agent. I'm ready to fire my agent but I will contact them tomorrow and see what they can do.

I called HAL today and was told it was not on my account. I was advised to talk to my travel agent which I did. I was told that I lost the Denali Dollars when we switched from an inside to an oceanview room. After the 75 day pay in full date passed, the room prices dropped. The inside room was $211 per person cheaper than we when booked. I asked my agent to contact HAL. I would rather have stayed in my inside cabin and received OBC for the $422 price drop and kept my Denali Dollars. Instead we were upgraded to an oceanview guarantee room for the same price with no Denali $. I wasn't told that until today. I'm not happy. I called HAL but they can't talk to me about it, only my agent. I'm ready to fire my agent but I will contact them tomorrow and see what they can do.

This does happen when one takes a price drop. It's unfortunate that you were not advised. But, I still wonder if you didn't get a better deal with the price drop/upgrade. What was the value of the Denali Dollars?

Hi M&M,

>The inside room was $211 per person cheaper than we when booked. I asked my agent to contact HAL. I would rather have stayed in my inside cabin and received OBC for the $422 price drop...<

I just went through a similar thing with HAL.

Were you told that if you kept the room you would keep the DD and get $422 OBC?

That is not what they did for me.

Ira