Q's on Oceanview staterooms on Koningsdam

Silverback969

Ladies and Gents, boys and girls, thanks in advance for any information you might have. My lovely half and I will be on Koningsdam in December to the Caribbean. This will be our first time on the Koningsdam, and we could use some information from those who have been there, done that.

We're looking at--among others--a room on Deck 7 (Schubert Deck), all the way forward. I suffer a bit from motion sickness:o:eek:, and I'm mildly concerned about the pitch and roll we might experience on 7th deck full forward. We're also looking at Verandah stateroom #6730 on 6th deck, portside.

Does anyone have any good intel you'd care to share???

Edited by Silverback969
Include more information

We were on the Koningsdam TA to Italy in March....Veranda cabin 7050....and had very little movement....

I didn't realize there were four Oceanview cabins on that deck.....it looks great to me....especially if you can find an access to the open deck....

You might book that cabin....and be prepared for an upsell/upgrade if it's offered....AND....if you want to give up the great view....:)

We were on deck 8, very forward, for the Voyage of the Vikings. We did not have any bad weather, but the ship is large enough that I think you are safe from terrible motion. We always take seabands and Bonnine just in case

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thank you both for your responses. Rowsby, when we were talking to the booking rep this afternoon, we inquired about access to that area. She told us that there's access to that area, but it's a crew-only area--to allow access for cleaning the windows, etc. Just from what we've seen on the front of the Promenade deck of other ships--and full forward on the Sports Deck or one of the other decks that provided access to the front of the ship--the vector of the ship's speed combined with any headwinds--made it just not very comfortable to be there.

We sailed from Rome to Fort Lauderdale last October in 7009 and had the same concerns as you. We found the Koningsdam extremely stable and felt no motion whatsoever. In fact, unless you looked at the ocean, you couldn’t even tell we were moving. :)

Thank you, *Miss G*. I appreciate your input. We did a TA, both directions, on Prinsedam. And, it being the Atlantic Ocean, in the springtime, we encountered some fairly "vigorous" seas, which we experienced in all their vigor, and we *DID* feel the seas, and if you didn't feel anything, couple of decks higher than we were, we're going to take a chance on one of those forward cabins..

We did a TA on the Nordaam, were in a midship veranda on the 7th. Had heavy seas from day 3-the day before disembarking in Rome on day 16. Missed a port. Made good use of seabands, and thank goodness my husband had his scopolamine patch. He turns that ghastly shade of green when the seas reach a certain level. Luck of the draw

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cabinluvn, thanks for your response. We were on Prinsendam for its Grand Mediterranean, round-trip from Ft. Lauderdale. Like you, we experienced several days of heavy seas, in both directions. My lovely wife is very seldom bothered at all with mal de mer--my constitution tends to be a little less robust, so I made good use of ginger ale, saltines, candied ginger, and scopalomine. To no one's great surprise, I survived, to sail another day.