Charge for dinner in the Solarium on the Ovation.

When I was on the Ovation in January this year there was a charge for dinner in the Solarium. Breakfast and lunch were free. There is a discussion on Facebook and some people are saying they were charged and others are saying they weren’t.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

When I was on the Ovation in January this year there was a charge for dinner in the Solarium. Breakfast and lunch were free. There is a discussion on Facebook and some people are saying they were charged and others are saying they weren’t.

We were on the Ovation in January also, had dinner in the Solarium 3 times, no charge. Just needed to call and book as it was very popular.

Not sure why you were charged?

We were not charged on our Asian cruise but then there are some items on the menu that will attract a charge and we didn't pick these.

On my cruise planner for January 2019 there is a charge of $US29 listed for dinner. I looked at the reservation section it is applied every night of the cruise.

That is odd, I would check it out once on board and see if it applies still.

On my cruise planner for January 2019 there is a charge of $US29 listed for dinner. I looked at the reservation section it is applied every night of the cruise.

That’s very interesting,it was one of the best kept secrets.

Solarium is a nice place to eat,especially when it was free.

On the new quantum class that they are building right now.the spectrum.

The solarium is a suite only area

In January 2017 we had dinner many times in the Solarium - no charge. However I’ve noticed on the cruise planner for April 2019 Transpacific there is a charge to dine there... not too happy about that. It was nice to have some more choice at dinner time.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Not sure how adding a charge to a previously free restaurant serves to satisfy higher paying passengers.

Even if they pay more, I don't see them happier at fewer included dining options.

Seems more in line with ways to make more revenue, which has been an ongoing theme.

Not sure how adding a charge to a previously free restaurant serves to satisfy higher paying passengers.

Even if they pay more, I don't see them happier at fewer included dining options.

Seems more in line with ways to make more revenue, which has been an ongoing theme.

Sorry to confuse you, the context was around the area becoming a suite only area on the Spectrum ots.