New tips for this experienced cruiser.

I consider myself an experienced cruiser with 15 under my belt. I’ve recently read some tips I’ve never thought about. Like showing up last for the muster drill so you’re not the sardine in the middle of the can. Or ordering room service the first day and keeping the tray to use on lido. As a solo cruiser, this is a game changer so I don’t have to leave my food to fend for itself while I go get my teenie tiny cup of joe. Anyone else out there that’s an old dog who’s learned a new trick?

Do not bring any key chains with what looks to be a weapon . Tiny folding knife , bullet key chains. It may delay your boarding and also bring security to your cabin searching for a weapon.

Always separate your wine from other carry on luggage. Take it out and place it in one of the containers provided. If you leave it in your luggage it gives them the right to search your luggage .

Which will hold up your boarding time and delay the line even longer.

If you like Guy's, go over to Blue Iguana to get guacamole on your burger. Guac, Pico, Bacon, Chipotle Mayo is my favorite combo

That's a great tip. Love guac on a burger... and jalapenos. I wish the jalapenos were available for late night pizza.:( I suppose I could put some in a cup and keep them in the cabin fridge.

If you like Guy's, go over to Blue Iguana to get guacamole on your burger. Guac, Pico, Bacon, Chipotle Mayo is my favorite combo

I know it’s hard to believe, but I have never had a Guys burger😳. Maybe in October. Are there any “tortilla chips” to be found or will the Blue Iguana fry up a few tortillas to go?

Do not bring any key chains with what looks to be a weapon . Tiny folding knife , bullet key chains. It may delay your boarding and also bring security to your cabin searching for a weapon.

Always separate your wine from other carry on luggage. Take it out and place it in one of the containers provided. If you leave it in your luggage it gives them the right to search your luggage .

Which will hold up your boarding time and delay the line even longer.

I bring my Swiss Army knife with a 3 inch blade, no problem.

I know it’s hard to believe, but I have never had a Guys burger😳. Maybe in October. Are there any “tortilla chips” to be found or will the Blue Iguana fry up a few tortillas to go?

You're NOT missing much!

In the normal menu, no. However, you may find a night or two that they put some out with some salsa.

Show up ON TIME for muster....it's rude to make everyone wait on you.

I don’t think OP was advocating being late to the point of holding up the show, just to be among the later. We’ve learned that as well. It also means you are among the first to leave. [emoji56]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

1. On embarkation, ignore the signs that say the staterooms are closed. Just push your way in and drop off your bags in the cabin. No one will stop you.

2. You can use the platinum line at guest services, the don’t check status.

3. Make sure to bring cute little trinkets for your cabin attendants, they will appreciate the personal touch more than an extra cash tip.

4. Bring magazines from home that you have already read. These are great for saving chairs around the pool, so you can sleep in.

5. Just kidding [emoji14]

1. On embarkation, ignore the signs that say the staterooms are closed. Just push your way in and drop off your bags in the cabin. No one will stop you.

3. Make sure to bring cute little trinkets for your cabin attendants, they will appreciate the personal touch more than an extra cash tip.

4. Bring magazines from home that you have already read. These are great for saving chairs around the pool, so you can sleep in.

:loudcry::loudcry::loudcry:

:loudcry:

You can use Platinum line at Guest Services without being Platinum? Says who? I don't think so!

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Forums mobile app

You can use Platinum line at Guest Services without being Platinum? Says who? I don't think so!

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Forums mobile app

Sad but true ,people use the D. P. line quite frequently and half the time guest services don't even care.

I know you posted this as a joke , but #1 and #2 is very true. It's done all the time .

I don’t think OP was advocating being late to the point of holding up the show, just to be among the later. We’ve learned that as well. It also means you are among the first to leave. [emoji56]

TrinaLC is right. I just meant bring up the rear. I would never hold anyone up. I know it’s a manditory maritime law, but I’ve been on ships where you get to stay in the comfy AC. If I have to be outside with 2500 other sweaty, semi drunk people, I would rather be in the front row with a little fresh air.

I consider myself an experienced cruiser with 15 under my belt. I’ve recently read some tips I’ve never thought about. Like showing up last for the muster drill so you’re not the sardine in the middle of the can. Or ordering room service the first day and keeping the tray to use on lido. As a solo cruiser, this is a game changer so I don’t have to leave my food to fend for itself while I go get my teenie tiny cup of joe. Anyone else out there that’s an old dog who’s learned a new trick?

There are a few Carnival excursions that have a limited capacity, are very popular, and sell out very quickly. If you're considering booking an excursion that falls in this category (and haven't already done so on line), head to the Excursions Desk on Embarkation Day as soon as you board the ship to book it. We learned that lesson a few years ago when there was an excursion we wanted to go on in Cozumel. We hesitated a little too long and ended up having to choose something else.

Side note regarding keeping the tray from Room Service: Hide it in your closet when not in use, or the cabin steward may take it away.

If it is an outside muster drill (Conquest Class ships) then we get there early so we have the wall to lean up against.