Mariners welcome aboard lunch

gailellen12

Good morning everyone: I am sailing from Copenhagen on the Zuiderdam July 31. I will be doing an overnight in the city, with stay and transfers booked through HAL. Is this group one of the first to board this ship due to proxmity> Also,when is the Mariners luncheon held? Thanks in advance for your help Gellen

Good morning everyone: I am sailing from Copenhagen on the Zuiderdam July 31. I will be doing an overnight in the city, with stay and transfers booked through HAL. Is this group one of the first to board this ship due to proxmity> Also,when is the Mariners luncheon held? Thanks in advance for your help Gellen

You mention two different events in your title and your post.

What used to be called the "Mariners Welcome Aboard Lunch" is held on embarkation day in the Main Dining Room from approximately Noon to 1:30 pm and is now open to all passengers.

The "Mariners Luncheon" is for Mariners only, held later in the cruise towards the end and you will receive an invitation.

The first group of people to board the ship will be the suite passengers and 4 and 5 star Mariners. Your boarding time depends on what time the transfer gets you to the port and how quickly you are processed. You will be given a number and when it is called, that group of passengers will board the ship. Hope this explains it for you. You can then proceed to the dining room for lunch, assuming it is open that day. We boarded in Barcelona for one cruise and the dining room was closed on embarkation day, so we went to the Lido instead.

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

Actually the first people to board the ship are the wheelchair and PS passengers, followed by the Neptune Suites and 4 and 5 star Mariners.

Whenever your bus gets you to the ship will depend on what number you get for boarding the ship.

For the last 3 or 4 years the dining room has been open on Embarkation day for ALL passengers.

Near the end of the cruise there will be a brunch for the Mariners. Depending on how many Mariners there are, depends on whether there will be 1 or 2 brunches.

I did not realize there were two separate events.

Strictly speaking there aren't two events. Upon boarding everyone is welcome to eat in the MDR assuming they know about lunch being offered there and they arrive in time. The Mariner's Luncheon will be announced by an invitation slipped into the mail rack outside your stateroom door. It is typically on the last day at sea.

Actually the first people to board the ship are the wheelchair and PS passengers, followed by the Neptune Suites and 4 and 5 star Mariners.

I am sorry, I neglected to mention the wheelchair passengers. I lumped the Penthouse passengers in with the rest of the lowly suites, since there are usually only 2 PH's on a ship, so they shouldn't take long.

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

You mention two different events in your title and your post.

What used to be called the "Mariners Welcome Aboard Lunch" is held on embarkation day in the Main Dining Room from approximately Noon to 1:30 pm and is now open to all passengers.

The "Mariners Luncheon" is for Mariners only, held later in the cruise towards the end and you will receive an invitation.

Which one will we receive our tile?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

On our last cruise on Koningsdam, they let Neptune Suites and 4 and 5 star mariners board before the wheelchairs and scooters.

Don't have a clue why they changed it up.

Which one will we receive our tile?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You can also just ask for them at the front desk. The menu for the brunch didn't appeal to us, so we skipped the brunch and asked for our tiles later.

On our last cruise on Koningsdam, they let Neptune Suites and 4 and 5 star mariners board before the wheelchairs and scooters.

Don't have a clue why they changed it up.

We saw the same on our last 3 cruises. The order of embarkation was: Neptune suite passengers, 4/5 star Mariners, wheelchairs, everyone else according to number or letter of the alphabet they received at check-in. It makes sense for suites to go first; after all, they've paid thousands more than the rest of us. Then, loyal Mariners need to be rewarded for staying loyal, so this is a nice perk. One we've enjoyed for the last couple years.