Half Moon Cay Cabana Lunch

Chelly

We've reserved a cabana at Half Moon Cay. No butler service. Is it possible to get lunch from BBQ Buffet delivered to the cabana? Thanks for answering.

Chelly

p.s. I know snacks and fruit are delivered upon arrival. Just wondering if I need to hike from buffet to cabana carrying plates of food.

I don't think so. Not sure who would bring it. It is a buffet, so you need to select your choices and quantities. You can eat it in the dining area...you don't need to carry food back.

The Butler package is excellent. The Pinnacle lunch they serve is very good.

If you want a butler to bring your lunch, you'll pay for it, at least that's how it was a couple years ago when we last rented a cabana. After that, we didn't see the point in renting one again. We'd been there, done that type of thing.

You will receive ice, soft drinks, chips and dip. You have somewhere to shower off, and they supply "water toys" like floats. The cabanas are air-conditioned, so if heat really bothers you, this could be a plus. Look for a cabana further down the beach but not too far from the buffet area. That way, you don't have to walk so far to get lunch or tote it back if you decide to eat it in the cabana as my husband and I did. Plus the further down the beach you go, the more private it is, with fewer people.

Thanks CruiserBruce and sevenseasnomad for responding. Your information was particularly helpful to our situation. We selected Cabin 8, the Pink cabin. It is about in the middle, but still a walk to the Buffet. We decided the price for Butler service is a bit too costly even though it sounds very grand. I'll bring some gallon zip lock bags, go to the buffet, empty the plate of chicken into one bag and salad into other bag and schlepp them down to our cabana. It's all good.

Thanks CruiserBruce and sevenseasnomad for responding. Your information was particularly helpful to our situation. We selected Cabin 8, the Pink cabin. It is about in the middle, but still a walk to the Buffet. We decided the price for Butler service is a bit too costly even though it sounds very grand. I'll bring some gallon zip lock bags, go to the buffet, empty the plate of chicken into one bag and salad into other bag and schlepp them down to our cabana. It's all good.

Yes, you could do it the way you stated. Another option is to take disposable shower caps to the buffet and cover your filled plates with them to “schlepp them back to your cabana”. The plates are disposable.

Yes, you could do it the way you stated. Another option is to take disposable shower caps to the buffet and cover your filled plates with them to “schlepp them back to your cabana”. The plates are disposable.

Clever idea! Gotta remember that. Thanks (y):)

What a clever suggestion. Thank you.

Oh my goodness! You got "our" cabana, which is in a wonderful location, close to restroom and buffet, but less crowded on the beach. Good going! Have a wonderful time on HMC. We rented it on our first HA cruise, which was magic. We also did the horseback riding. I have beautiful memories of all cruises, but that one was very special. Since DH died last August, these memories are more cherished than ever.

Have a lovely cruise.