Carnival Valor Room 9282- Lido Deck??? Really Noisy???

caseylee

We thought we were getting and awesome room by being way up on the lido deck but now that i am thinking about it.... well we are on a level that is used to get everywhere so it will always have a lot of traffic.... are we big dumbies!

And advice would be greatly appreciated positives would be greatly appreciated as well. We are sailing May 31, 2009

Advice is taken thankfully!:confused:

We were just in 9205, and there was really no activity on that hall. People don't go down there unless they are staying there, there is no staircase at the far end or anything. The pool/tv activity is on your level, not above or below, so you don't hear it. It's probably one of the quietest spots, and is also super convenient. You'll love it.

I agree, we are in cabin 9283 on our next cruise. Last cruise was 9254. never heard a thing from the Lido deck, like the others said, just people going to their cabins on that hall. Have a great time!!!! :)

My wife and I are staying in exactly that cabin (9282) on the May 3rd sailing, we can't wait. It's going to be so convenient to just step out of the cabin door and walk out to the pool or to Rosie's. I was a bit worried also about the noise, but I think it will be fine. Last year we were on the Glory in cabin 9253 and it was great, albeit we were further away from the main Lido deck exit doors.

I will try to remember to post about the noise on this thread when we return from the cruise.

We stayed on the Lido deck on the Valor. LOVED IT!!! So much so that I don't care if it's inside or balcony, we are always staying on the lido deck from now on. The part of the hallway you're on is only people staying down that hall. There is another larger hallway on the other side of the wall that people use coming off the elevators. It is quiet. We never once heard anything from the pool area. The biggest plus was hubby would run down to the breakfast buffet or pizza bar and come back in less than five minutes. We'd sit on the balcony and eat. You are right off the main elevators. It was so easy and convenient just to run back to the room to potty. I'm telling you, you will LOVE it.:D

• 9 years later...
My wife and I are staying in exactly that cabin (9282) on the May 3rd sailing, we can't wait. It's going to be so convenient to just step out of the cabin door and walk out to the pool or to Rosie's. I was a bit worried also about the noise, but I think it will be fine. Last year we were on the Glory in cabin 9253 and it was great, albeit we were further away from the main Lido deck exit doors.

I will try to remember to post about the noise on this thread when we return from the cruise.

So how was this room we have it booked for this coming April? I hope you had a great trip.

This thread is over nine years old, LOL, but good for you for finding it!

I was in an equivalent cabin on Glory and I have to say that it was the best location I have EVER had. Not noisy, not trafficky, just quick and easy to the Lido fun and food. Enjoy!

jj

So how was this room we have it booked for this coming April? I hope you had a great trip.

We've stayed in a similar room on ships and have loved it!! It's so convenient to walk right out to the Lido deck and to everything. We never had any noise problems either. We almost always go with the Lido deck, or right above it.

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is over nine years old, LOL, but good for you for finding it!

I was in an equivalent cabin on Glory and I have to say that it was the best location I have EVER had. Not noisy, not trafficky, just quick and easy to the Lido fun and food. Enjoy!

jj

Can you tell me which cabin on the Glory you were in and whether you sailed after Water Works was added? I will be in 9281 in October - love the Lido, but have only been able to stay in interiors in the past. This time was able to snag a balcony. Very excited, but a little concerned that the cabin is now underneath Water Works and may be loud on the balcony during the day. Any thoughts?

Can you tell me which cabin on the Glory you were in and whether you sailed after Water Works was added? I will be in 9281 in October - love the Lido, but have only been able to stay in interiors in the past. This time was able to snag a balcony. Very excited, but a little concerned that the cabin is now underneath Water Works and may be loud on the balcony during the day. Any thoughts?

Hi Shirley,

I can't remember the exact cabin number; it was only four or five rooms from the Lido exit on the port side. I remember being concerned about noise because it was so close to the open deck, but... NOTHING! If I occasionally heard a cheer or something while out on the balcony, I don't remember it, just blissful peace and convenience.

When was Water Works added? I don't know if it was there or not, but my cruise was just over four years ago if that helps.

jj

Hi Shirley,

I can't remember the exact cabin number; it was only four or five rooms from the Lido exit on the port side. I remember being concerned about noise because it was so close to the open deck, but... NOTHING! If I occasionally heard a cheer or something while out on the balcony, I don't remember it, just blissful peace and convenience.

When was Water Works added? I don't know if it was there or not, but my cruise was just over four years ago if that helps.

jj

We were in 9287 and the noise was awful. There is a doorway from the end of the hallway that comes out really close to where the doors to the pool are. People would leave it open and when there were deck parties it was like they were in our room. We got the noise from the hall and from the balcony side too. Also, the crowds from the deck party kept the glass doors out to the pool from closing, which made it even worse. Several times I got out of bed and went to the end of the hall and pulled the door shut.

During the day when the DJ played we heard it in the cabin every time the doors to the pool opened. Reading on our balcony was out of the question as the music from the Lido was as bad as if we were sitting next to the pool.

We also had 9275 and that was noisy until about midnight because of all the activities now held in the Atrium lobby. It is worse the lower the deck you are on near the atrium elevators. 6273 on the Valor drove us nuts between the noise coming up from the atrium every evening and the dinging of the elevators all night long.

Don't get me wrong - we love Lido deck. But we learned to get a more forward cabin. We loved the JS 9206. We are booked again for next month and chose 9229.

We thought we were getting and awesome room by being way up on the lido deck but now that i am thinking about it.... well we are on a level that is used to get everywhere so it will always have a lot of traffic.... are we big dumbies!

No, your cabin should be great. You chose well.

Happy sailing.