Studio cabins on Epic

azparrothead

My studio was on deck 12 mid ship. They are inside cabins and yes it was very very VERY small. I really liked it, it felt very cozy, yet I definitely had plenty of room to move around, get dressed and ready. Plus there was plenty of storage to keep everything organized so it didnt feel cluttered. So it worked perfectly for me.

I thought it was a great cabin. Small, but big enough for one person. Cool lighting, private hallway with key card access. Studio Lounge, nice coffee machine for specialty coffees for FREE!! Snacks and light breakfast items in the fridge and in the happy hour a bartender (beverages cost).

I have attached a couple of pics to show you. It's kind of hard to photograph the room, but these will give you some kind of idea. One pic is facing the bed, and the other is my reflection in the mirror I took from bed facing the shower (on left)

IMG_4202.thumb.jpg.80d1ff2fb0db02fd86ef49db0d01d0c9.jpg

IMG_4105.thumb.jpg.83a6a184908e081fa8530c66963f3a47.jpg

I had a studio on the Epic this spring. They are lined up down the center of the deck from about the forward elevators to the rear elevators; the studio lounge is on deck 10, forward.

The cabin was comfortable for one person. FWIW, some of the photos and floor plans show that they're oriented with the hallway door at the end, as are most other cabins, but mine and every other that I saw had the door in the center of the long wall, which I prefer.

Because of the decorative features, a studio feels more pleasant to me than a double inside cabin even though the latter is larger.

I had a studio on the Epic this spring. They are lined up down the center of the deck from about the forward elevators to the rear elevators; the studio lounge is on deck 10, forward.

The cabin was comfortable for one person. FWIW, some of the photos and floor plans show that they're oriented with the hallway door at the end, as are most other cabins, but mine and every other that I saw had the door in the center of the long wall, which I prefer.

Because of the decorative features, a studio feels more pleasant to me than a double inside cabin even though the latter is larger.

Minor correction: The lounge is on Deck 11.

Thanks everyone! How does the lighting work, can you set it to wake you up? I've always had rooms with a window/balcony in the past.

No you can't. Some people keep the TV on all night, tuned to the bridge cam so they know when it's light outside.

I'm wondering where they are on the ship and exactly how small they are! ;p

They are not much smaller than a regular inside cabin. The typical inside cabin is about 130 ftsq, and the studios are about 100 ftsq. Since there is only one person in them they seem huge when compared to any other cabin with two or more people in it (other than suites). Just consider how many ftsq you are getting per person compared to the other non suite cabins.

Thanks everyone! How does the lighting work, can you set it to wake you up? I've always had rooms with a window/balcony in the past.

Or, you could just sleep and let your body take a vacation. Set your phone for an alarm if needed. I had room 12509 and it was great- I liked it. I would avoid the ones that are directly in front of the lounge entrance though- 12515 I believe? And the one across the hall from that along with the matching pair on deck 11. Every person going into the lounge clomps on by those doors.

You can also set a wake up call using the provided telephone. What I like best about the studio versus interior cabins is the diffused light from the hallway. I always set my blind so a bit of light came through.

The other thing is the security as the studios are inside a locked area that is accessible by the studio guests only (same swipe card as your door), unless of course, someone props the door open.

The set up is great, lots of storage and while the space is only 100 sq feet it has everything that is needed. Plus, in my experience for a solo traveller it is the best way to meet fellow cruisers on board. The lounge is great to pick up a coffee or cookie, and make plans for excursions, meals, or shows.

Enjoy!

• 1 month later...

let me know for a future navigation with NCL and I'm interested in Epic because they have studios for one person. The question is whether there are people alone and whether you can socialize for excursions to ports, possibly to drink something together and why not plan a future cruise with them.

I understand that these studios are big enough to make you feel comfortable and do not pay a double fee as you have to do if you take a double room.

Thank you !

let me know for a future navigation with NCL and I'm interested in Epic because they have studios for one person. The question is whether there are people alone and whether you can socialize for excursions to ports, possibly to drink something together and why not plan a future cruise with them.

I understand that these studios are big enough to make you feel comfortable and do not pay a double fee as you have to do if you take a double room.

Thank you !

It all depends on the type of people who are on your cruise. Your best place to meet and socialize is on the ROLL CALL for your sailing date. You might be able to meet online before cruising and get to know people and perhaps make specialty dinners together. It used to be (seems to have changed lately) that every evening about 5 pm a crew member will hold a "Solo Cruisers Gathering" about 5 pm and if there is interest a group will go to dinner together.

I have been in studio cabins on both the Epic and Getaway. IMHO the studio lounge on Epic is much better. It’s bigger and also has better snacks available. The mood lighting on Epic is really nice. Getaway doesn’t have that. As others have said, the studio cabins are very compact, but they have everything necessary for one person, including ample storage. I was a bit taken aback the first time I walked into my home away from home, but it quickly became a very cozy place to spend my down time.

I stayed in one on Epic this summer and it was fantastic. Perfect size for one with plenty of storage and a big comfy bed. Solo travellers gathering was a great place to meet people and we met up for dinner each night and activities afterwards. Our solo host, TT really made the trip for us.

I'll chime along with positive reviews of the studios on Epic and Escape. I liked the lounge better on Epic because there was a bar and a bartender each evening during solo meetup. Our coordinator on Epic wasn't that great but met a great group of people regardless. I also ditto checking out the roll call for the cruise. If you want to make plans that's the best place to post the query.

I have been in studio cabins on both the Epic and Getaway. IMHO the studio lounge on Epic is much better. It’s bigger and also has better snacks available. The mood lighting on Epic is really nice. Getaway doesn’t have that. As others have said, the studio cabins are very compact, but they have everything necessary for one person, including ample storage. I was a bit taken aback the first time I walked into my home away from home, but it quickly became a very cozy place to spend my down time.

have you lunch alone, have gone on trips organized alone, participated in the events on the ship along with the others? how old are the others alone?

Sorry if this is a stupid question but we would be traveling with my 21 year old daughter. My husband and I would get a balcony and possibly a studio for my daughter. It sounds like all the studios are together so our cabin wouldn't be anywhere near hers. Is that right? Thanks in advance.

Sorry if this is a stupid question but we would be traveling with my 21 year old daughter. My husband and I would get a balcony and possibly a studio for my daughter. It sounds like all the studios are together so our cabin wouldn't be anywhere near hers. Is that right? Thanks in advance.

when we were on the Epic -deck 11 - balcony room, the studio rooms were right near our room - sorta around the corner since they are on the inside... so I guess you could plan the rooms like that... however, the studio rooms are in a private area - you have to have a key to get into the studio lounge and the rooms are all within that area.