Jewel - does it have VIP pool deck seating

Book is an OS on Jewel and it says this is one of the perks. Is it available on Jewel and if so how does it work? Where is this seating in relationship to the pool? Don't you get the dagger eyes from others from using it?? Any photos of this area?

Book is an OS on Jewel and it says this is one of the perks. Is it available on Jewel and if so how does it work? Where is this seating in relationship to the pool? Don't you get the dagger eyes from others from using it?? Any photos of this area?

No. No one really cares. Why would they. Would you give "dagger eyes" if you had booked a non suite cabin and saw the reserved suite space? As long as it is in proximity to where you want to sit - go for it and enjoy.

M

We mostly sail Princess and are Elite (Black) card holders. We get priority tender tickets and I can tell you, when you use those, go to the front of the line you definitely get the looks. Trust me, I can live with it, but was just wondering what it was like on RCCL.

We were on the Jewel in April and there was no dedicated space for gold cards. The area in front of the ship was vacant. I did ask and was told they did have it there before. The person did not know why it was gone.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

We were on the Jewel in April and there was no dedicated space for gold cards. The area in front of the ship was vacant. I did ask and was told they did have it there before. The person did not know why it was gone.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

It wasn't there in May either. I wouldn't give "dagger eyes" to someone playing by the rules, but I don't think this is a needed perk for suite guests. The Suite itself and the Concierge is perk enough IMO. What's next, Suite guests get priority boarding on lifeboats while everyone else remains chained inside till your turn is called? :D

Jewel has an area for those with a gold sea pass card ( suite )

It is forward of the pools to the sides of and above the pool bar

I think you're thinking of Voyager class ships.

On Serenade (sister of Jewel) last month there was an area reserved for suite guests right at the front of the ship on deck 11 - at least that's what the sign said by the steps on deck 12 where you access the area. Having said that there were no 'special' towels set up there which they usually have for Gold card areas so maybe they've stopped doing it on Radiance class ships. It's not a particularly great spot anyway.

I think you're thinking of Voyager class ships.

On Serenade (sister of Jewel) last month there was an area reserved for suite guests right at the front of the ship on deck 11 - at least that's what the sign said by the steps on deck 12 where you access the area. Having said that there were no 'special' towels set up there which they usually have for Gold card areas so maybe they've stopped doing it on Radiance class ships. It's not a particularly great spot anyway.

Same thing on Brilliance this march. It is a very small area above the bridge.

Ahhhhh. On IOS last year then was an area with white fencing which was in the direct sun close to the pool and the telly. Would that be the reserve area? I think there were orangey coloured towels on them.

Yes, on Voyager/Freedom class ships, the reserved area is usually in the terraced area at the forward part of the pool deck, between decks 11 and 12. This can very ship to ship, but that's how it's been most of the time.

Yes, on Voyager/Freedom class ships, the reserved area is usually in the terraced area at the forward part of the pool deck, between decks 11 and 12. This can very ship to ship, but that's how it's been most of the time.

That surprises me, although I suppose to where everything is happening. I found it really noisy on that part of the ship, I would have thought there would be a quieter place reserved. It was also next to lots of steps so loads of people going past with drinks etc.

As it is a port intensive cruise you won't really need reserved seating, it's very easy to get a chair/lounger as most cruisers are ashore until mid afternoon, the only day you need to get there early is the last sea day, it gets very busy and the deck patrol is out in force (or was when we were on a b2b in march) and removed towels and personal belongings from about 8am of anyone reserving and then wandering off for more than 30 mins.

In my experience, that terraced area is for all guests (we always get seats there and we've never booked a suite). There is another area for suite guests, up some stairs somewhere behind the sky bar.

In my experience, that terraced area is for all guests (we always get seats there and we've never booked a suite). There is another area for suite guests, up some stairs somewhere behind the sky bar.

We were on the Freedom in May and the terraced areas beside the Pool Bar were for Gold card holders only (roped off with multiple signs). However, it was not patrolled and there were many non Gold card holders seated there.

Freedom of the Seas now has both areas reserved for suite guests.