No additional guests aged 9 through 12 allowed on sailing?

gingerpeaches

My family and I have been loyal Royal Caribbean cruisers for years, but recently their prices seem inflated and I am unwilling to pay. I've started looking at P&O and I'm interested in booking a last minute cruise on the 24 May sailing on Ventura. However, when I try to make the booking and enter details for my 9 year old son, I get this message:

"No additional guests age 009 through 012 are allowed on this sailing."

So this means we can't take my son? Interesting. I hadn't realised that there was a cap on the number of children allowed. I have never experienced this on a Royal Caribbean cruise. Discuss.

My family and I have been loyal Royal Caribbean cruisers for years, but recently their prices seem inflated and I am unwilling to pay. I've started looking at P&O and I'm interested in booking a last minute cruise on the 24 May sailing on Ventura. However, when I try to make the booking and enter details for my 9 year old son, I get this message:

So this means we can't take my son? Interesting. I hadn't realised that there was a cap on the number of children allowed. I have never experienced this on a Royal Caribbean cruise. Discuss.

It has to do with the safety equipment as well as the kids clubs. This is a regular problem with families booking late deals. That why families book early especially in school holidays. If they put more pressure on schools to enforce this then the problem can only get worse.

Hi - yes they do limit numbers in Kids clubs.

However I have experienced this before. A few years ago, I tried to book for a cruise and was told there was no room for 5-8 year old. I tried phoning P and O and travel agents - but there was no room. But one of these travel agents told me to keep checking back as sometimes P and O do this (I think if a particular cruise is selling well they use it to encourage you to book on another which is not selling so well.)

Sure enough a couple of weeks later I was able to book the original cruise I wanted. Suddenly they were taking 5-8 year olds again!!!!!!! I checked regularly until we sailed and there was room for that age group right up until the last week!!!!!!!!

So it's worth checking regularly . If it's a school holiday then I would imagine that it may well be genuinely full tbh. If not, I would be surprised if that age group would be full. As most cruises do not have many older kids during term time.

Sue

Ventura is doing Netherlands & Guernsey 20th to 24th, then Belgium & Guernsey 24th to 28th, then a Med Strictly come dancing cruise from 28th til 11th June

Thats the one I'm on. But whats the Strictly theme all about? Are they just encouraging folk to dance? Or is there more to it?

Edit - Just googled it..

We’re proud to continue our exclusive partnership with Strictly Come Dancing into 2015, and will be joined by two of the show’s professional dancers for some wonderful demonstrations of fleet-footedness on four fabulous cruises next year. To ensure the dancers don’t get too comfortable on board (as we know, it’s easily done aboard a P&O Cruises ship!) we’ll even invite along a judge and a guest celebrity from the show to ensure they stay on their toes!

Edited by Big Stevie

One of the problems that I have noticed with P&O is that if you try and book a cruise occurring during the minor school holidays quite often the cruise has fewer days in it than are in the school holiday. However often the cruise schedule overlaps half school holiday/half term time at both ends. This has the unfortunate effect of when a rare itinerary offered fits totally within the school holidays an excessive number of families book up. If the cruise line could schedule better they would spread the family holidays out more some people would book two family cruises per year and people wishing to avoid children could book adult only ships or when inevitably fewer children would be on board.

Regards John

Thats the one I'm on. But whats the Strictly theme all about? Are they just encouraging folk to dance? Or is there more to it?

[/i]

Reading between the lines of what the cruise line publishes. I think you will find all the gentlemen will have packed lurex onesies and have them decorated with sequins and rhinestones. I think if you are sensible Stevie you will have patent leather shoes too. You wont want feel left out when all the guys are throwing their shapes.

Regards John